About John Horne
John Horne of Stoke
- Birth: abt 1464 - Pikesley, Warwick, England / Pixley, Childs Ercall, Shropshire, England
- Parents: William Horne, Jane Adonaye [Adeney?].
- Married: Abt 1484 to Marjory Morton, daughter of Thomas Morton and Juliana Botiler
Children of John Horne of Stoke and Marjory Morton
- Reginald Horne of Pickesley. Married Margery Lee de Whitchurch.
- William Horne. No children.
On 10 March 1588 30 Elizabeth, March 10th .— Agreement made between John Horne of Stoke in the county of the city of Coventrey, gentleman, and his son and heir-apparent Reginald Horne, of the one part, and the Mayor bailiffs and community of the city of Coventrey, of the other part, whereby, in consideration of a sum of 80l. paid to them, and for the relief of the poor of the said city, and for the repair and maintenance of a hospital called Bablake within the same city, the said John Horne and Reginald Horne granted and sold for ever all the lordship and manor of Stoke aforesaid, with all the messuages, rights, privileges and appurtenances of the same manor, to the aforesaid Mayor bailiffs and community: with an indented Schedule of "the Chiefe Rentes, parcel of the said Manor of Stoke" attached to the Indenture
Grant of the Almshouse in Bablacke to Trustees.
7 James I., July 15th (1609).— Letters Patent of a grant for ever by James the First (made in consideration of payment of £100) to Edward Stapleton esq., Henry Sewall of Coventrie, draper, and Humfrey Wightwick of the same city, grocer, and their heirs and assigns, of the Almshouse in Bablacke built by Thomas Bonde and the chapel and chamber adjoining the same Almshouse, and of a close of pasture called Hickfield in Coundon co. Warwick, and of lands, tenements and rents &c. in Old Fillonghley, New Fillonghley. Alspade and Merelbrookes co. Warwick, and of a messuage called the Moat House in Spoonestreete (sic) in Coventrie, and of divers other lands and tenements &c. in Coventrie and elsewhere.1
- [S462] Website British History Online (http://www.british-history.ac.uk) "'The corporation of Coventry: Miscellaneous documents', The Manuscripts of Shrewsbury and Coventry Corporations [etc]: Fourth report, Appendix: Part X (1899), pp. 127-151. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx horne. Date accessed: 11 July 2008."
- [S96] Robert Tresswell, The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623., p 260.
John Horne of Stoke's Timeline
Pikesley, Warwick, England
Gloucestershire, , England