John Hurd, II
|Birthplace:||England, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut Colony, (Present USA)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About John Hurd, II
- A history and genealogy of the family of Hurd in the United States, and a partial history of the New England families of Heard and Hord, including a treatise on nomenclature, heraldry and coat armour, and ancestry (1910)
- Pg. 28
- JOHN HURD (1) of Windsor, Conn., b. Somersetshire, Eng.
- 2 Adam, b. Somersetshire, Eng. 1611; m. Hannah Barbraum.*(Written Bertram and Bertrand in old records.)
- 3 John, b. Somersetshire, Eng., 1613; d. Stratford, Conn., Feb. 4, 1681.
- ADAM (2), r. Stratford, Conn., 1644.
- 4 John, b. ___ , d. 1683; m. Johanna Judson, Dec. 10, 1662.
- JOHN (3), r. Stratford, Conn., 1644, o. miller.
- 5 John, b. __, d. Mar. 9, 1682: m. Sarah Thompson of Salisbury Conn., Dec. 10, 1662.
- Pg. 29
- JOHN (4), rm. Woodbury, Conn., o. miller.
- 6 Judson, b. Dec. 10, 1663; d. ch.
- 7 Sarah, b. Dec. 10, 1663.
- 8 Joseph, b. Feb. 9, 1665; m. Jane __.
- 9 Benjamin, b. Feb. 16, 1666; m. Sarah Kimberly.
- 10 Ebenezer, b. Nov. 1668; m. Sarah Pickett Lane.
- 11 Ruth, b. Feb. 20, 1670.
- 12 John, b. Aug. 17, 1673; d. Apr. 27, 1773; m. Elizabeth __.
- JOHN HURD (4), OF WOODBURY, CONN.
- JOHN HURD (4) may justly be called the first "promoter' of this line of ancestry. He was one of that little band of ambitious men .... etc.
- JOHN HURD (5), r. "Hurd Place," Stratford, Conn.; o. farmer.
- 13 John R., b. Dec. 16, 1663; m., Jan. 5, 1692, Abigail Wallis.
- 14 Sarah, b. Feb., 1665.
- 15 Hannah, b. Sept., 1667; m. Samuel Galpin.
- 16 Isaac, b. June 2, 1669; d. Nov. 28, 1732; m. Hannah Dunning, n. ch.
- 17 Jacob, b. Nov. 16, 1671; d. ch.
- 18 Mary, b. Aug. 15, 1673; m. John Bennet, of Fairfield Co.
- 19 Esther, b. Aug. 10, 1676; m. Philip Francis.
- 20 Abigail, b. Feb. 22, 1679; m. Samuel Bissell.
- History of ancient Woodbury, Connecticut: from the first Indian ..., Volume 2 By William Cothren
- HURD FAMILY.
- A little care is necessary to avoid confusion here. John Hurd, among the first settlers of Meriden, came so early to Stratford, that he represented the town in 1649. He had either a brother or a son Adam, probably his brother, because both Adam's, son John and John's son John, were m. in Dec. 1662. These two Johns are sometimes styled "cousins," on the record, which would make Adam a brother of the elder John. But again, Adam's son John is styled nephew of the other John, which implies brotherhood of their fathers, although the two terms of kinship are carelessly exchanged.
- On Dec. 10 1662, John Hurd, Jr., (so called) son of Adam, m. Ann, widow of Joshua Judson, and he had Sarah, Dec. 1664; Joseph, Feb. ? 1666; Benjamin, Feb. 1667; Ebenezer, Nov. 1668. Ruth, Feb. 1670; John, Aug. 1673. This John the son of Adam is he who went to Woodbury.
- The other John son of John, m. Dec. 15, 1662, Sarah, dau. of John Thompson, and from 1664, to 1679, had eight children. John, Sarah, Hannah, Isaac, Jacob, Mary, Esther, Abigail, but of these I suppose you have no need.
John Hurd, II's Timeline
England, (Present UK)
August 5, 1639
Somerset, England, (Present UK)
December 10, 1662
Stratford, Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
February 4, 1681
Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut Colony, (Present USA)