|Death:||Died in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||Copp's Hill Burying Ground, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching John Langdon
About John Langdon
1. John1 Langdon, in the year 1672, lay sick in the Island of Barbadoes. Thinking, perhaps, that his end was near, he executed a will, bequeathing to his brother, Philip Langdon, of Boston, all his property, to wit: money, wearing apparel, sea instruments, one barrel of sugar, and two hogsheads of molasses, in the ship " John and Sarah of Boston;" the master of the ship promising to deliver them, if it pleased God to send him well to Boston. But the sick man recovered, returned to Boston, married, and settled down as an innkeeper. He died, Dec. 6, 1732, aged 82. (1)
By Elizabeth his wife he had the following children
- i: Elizabeth, b. 1686; m. Pitman, whom she survived. He may have been her second husband; for an Eliz. Langdon m. William Symmes, June 13, 1706.
- ii. Josiah, b. Jan. 28, 1687; m. Elizabeth Saxton, Sept. 2, 1708.
- iii. Ephraw, b. Jan. 25,1689; m. Sarah , had Josiah, and d. before 1728.
- iv. Mary, bapt. Nov. 15, 1691 ; m. Samuel Hunt, April 24, 1712.
- v. Joanna, b. Oct. 22, 1693; m. in Salem, March 14, 1711, Grafton Feveryear, a wealthy baker, of Boston.
- vi. Nathaniel, b. Sept. 14, 1695; m. Abigail Harris, Nov. 23, 1738.
- vii. Edward, bapt. Oct. 23, 1698; m. Susanna Wadsworth.
- viii. Margaret, b. Oct. 23, 1697; d. young.
- ix. John, b. Oct. 17, 1696. John Langdon (No. 1) and John Hunt were sureties on a bond given Jane 14, 1722, by Mary Langdon, a- administratrix of the estate of her husband, John Langdon, mariner, deceased.
- x. Michael, d. Aug. 26, 1701.
- xi. Margaret, b. Aug. 10,1703; m. Benj. Proctor, a tanner, Feb. 28,1721.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Volume 30 Page 35. "DESCENDANTS OF PHILIP AND JOHN LANGDON, OF BOSTON. By Arthur M. Aloer, of Boston."