John's Top Matches
About John Manners-Sutton
Lieutenant-Colonel John Manners-Sutton (29 July 1752 – 17 February 1826) was a British soldier and politician, the second son of Lord George Manners-Sutton. He served in the Coldstream Guards.
He married Anne Manners, the illegitimate daughter of John Manners, Marquess of Granby, his first cousin. The couple had six children:
- John Manners-Sutton, died unmarried
- Robert Manners-Sutton, d. 1815
- Rev. Frederick Manners-Sutton (1784 – 30 August 1826), married on 2 September 1821 Lady Henrietta Lumley, daughter of John Lumley-Savile, 7th Earl of Scarbrough and had issue, including John Manners-Sutton.
- George Manners-Sutton (d. 13 January 1836), unmarried
- Rev. Thomas Manners-Sutton (6 August 1795 – 27 October 1844), married on 23 November 1826 Lucy Mortimer and died without issue
- Mary Georgiana Manners Sutton (d. 8 November 1846), married on 20 January 1812 Robert Nassau Sutton and had issue
- Manners genealogy
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source?][better source needed]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Manners-Sutton_(1752%E2%80%931826)
- See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Manners,_Marquess_of_Granby & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_George_Manners-Sutton
- 'John Manners-Sutton
- 'M, #15929, b. 29 July 1752, d. 17 February 1826
- Last Edited=7 Dec 2004
- ' John Manners-Sutton was born on 29 July 1752. He was the son of Lord George Manners-Sutton and Diana Chaplin. He married Anne Manners, daughter of John Manners, Marquess of Granby. He died on 17 February 1826 at age 73.
- 'Children of John Manners-Sutton and Anne Manners
- 1.Mary Georgiana Manners-Sutton+ d. 8 Nov 1846
- 2.Reverend Frederick Manners-Sutton+ b. 1784, d. 30 Aug 1826
- 3.Reverend Thomas Manners-Sutton b. 6 Aug 1795, d. 27 Oct 1844
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p1593.htm#i15929