John's Top Matches
About John Mansfield
John Mansfield, son of John Mansfield (born c.1551 Yorkshire, England) and Elizabeth Batte, was born c.1601 and died 26 June 1674 at Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
He married Mary Shard (born 25 February 1610 London, England) after 1648 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Masachusetts. He apparently was mentally unbalanced throughout his adult life, and his children were taken from him when they were age eight.
Marriage and Children
- Mary Shard (born 25 February 1610 London, England) after 1648 Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- John Mansfield (born c.1649)
- Elizabeth Mansfield (born c.1649)
John Mansfield of Lynn, Massachusetts, calls Daniel Gott his "Cozen" [cousin] in his will 23 September 1670, probably through marriage to Daniel's wife, a daughter of Thomas Morris, who was related to John Mansfield's wife
- New England Historic Genealogical Society Register (Boston, MA, NEHGS, 1847-) Page: v. 155, no. 617 (Jan 2001), p. 24, 29-33.
- Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration; Immigrants to New England 1634-1635; v. 5; M-P; (Boston, MA: New England Historic Gen. Soc., 2007) Page: p. 15, 16.
- GenServ Database printout/report (Internet database www.GenServ.com) Page: Susan Cranney, So. Hadley, MA.
- Clark, Carol Johnson, A Genealogical History of the Clark and Worth Families and other Puritan Settlers in the Massachusetts Bay Colony (Privately printed by the author, 1970) Page: p.165.
- Torrey, Clarence Almon with a revised introduction by Gary Boyd Roberts, New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Baltimore, MD, Genealogical Pub. Co., 1985) Page: p.486.
- The American Genealogist, Volume 9 to present (1932+)
- Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. 3 volumes (Boston, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995). Page: vol. 3, p. 2014; vol. 5, p. 15.
John Mansfield's Timeline
Exeter, Devon, England, United Kingdom
June 26, 1674
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, present United States
June 28, 1674