Matching family tree profiles for John Mansfield (c1601 - 1674)
About John Mansfield
John Mansfield (c1601 - 1674), son of John Mansfield (1572 - 1601) and Elizabeth Batte (c1571 - 1634), was born about 1601 at Exeter, Devonshire, England; he died at about the age of 73 on 26 June 1674 at Charlestown [present Boston], Suffolk County, Massachusetts. He married Mary Shard, aka Mary Sales (1604 - 1682) about 1648 in Charlestown. He apparently was mentally unbalanced throughout his adult life, and his children were taken from him when they were age eight.
Children of John and Mary Mansfield
- John Mansfield (born c.1649)
- Elizabeth Mansfield (born c.1649)
John Mansfield of Lynn, Massachusetts, calls Daniel Gott his "Cozen" [cousin] in his will 23 September 1670, probably through marriage to Daniel's wife, a daughter of Thomas Morris, who was related to John Mansfield's wife.
- Anderson, Robert Charles, "The Great Migration; Immigrants to New England 1634-1635"; v. 5; M-P; (Boston, MA: New England Historic Gen. Soc., 2007) p. 15, 16.
- Anderson, Robert Charles, "The Great Migration Begins, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633'" (Boston, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995). Vol. 3, p. 2014; vol. 5, p. 15.
- Clark, Carol Johnson, A Genealogical History of the Clark and Worth Families and other Puritan Settlers in the Massachusetts Bay Colony (Privately printed by the author, 1970) p.165.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society Register (Boston, MA, NEHGS, 1847-) V. 155, no. 617 (Jan 2001), p. 24, 29-33.
- Torrey, Clarence Almon with a revised introduction by Gary Boyd Roberts, New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Baltimore, MD, Genealogical Pub. Co., 1985) p.486.
- GenServ Database printout/report (Internet database www.GenServ.com) Page: Susan Cranney, So. Hadley, MA.