John Fouquoy Murphy
|Birthplace:||Halifax County, VA, United States|
Son of Reverend William Murphy Sr. and Mary Martha Murphy
|Occupation:||Fought in Revolution|
|Managed by:||Danny Ferguson|
Matching family tree profiles for John Fouquoy Murphy
About John Fouquoy Murphy
John Fouquoy Murphy was born on 12 June 1752 at Halifax County, Virginia.2,3,4,1 He was the son of William Murphy and Margaret Hodge.1 John was a Baptist Preacher.1 John Fouquoy Murphy was known as Rev.1
On 8 February 1774, John Fouquoy Murphy married Rachel Cook, daughter of William Cook Jr and Margaret Green, at Pittsylvania County, Virginia.2,4,1
John and Rachel migrated to Knox County, Tennessee.1
John and Rachel migrated to Green County, Kentucky.1
John Fouquoy Murphy died on 14 August 1818 at Warren County, Kentucky, at age 66. Or Green County Kentucky.2,3,4,1
Family Rachel Cook b. 17 May 1753, d. 3 February 1832
1. William Murphy+ b. 16 Dec 1776, d. 4 Mar 1846
2. Hannah Murphy b. c 1778
3. Rev John Murphy Jr+ b. 12 Jun 1782, d. 17 Apr 1831
4. Seth Murphy b. a 1785
5. Margaret Murphy b. 19 Aug 1785, d. 2 Mar 1864
6. Rachel Murphy b. 2 Apr 1788, d. 10 Jun 1874
7. Rev Isaac T. Murphy+ b. 1790
8. Hosea Murphy b. c 1794, d. a 24 Aug 1819
9. Joseph Murphy b. 10 Dec 1797, d. 9 Mar 1876
10. Cooke Murphy
1. [S971] Compiled by Maggie Sallee (prior to 1920) Edited & Completed by Mrs. H. Chris Wallace, Murphy Family History, Page 9. Viewed online at <http://www.ancestry.com>> on 9 July 2005.
2. [S57] Allen G. Werts, 23 October 1998.
3. [S37] Marvin A. Grant Jr., Compiler, Marvin A. Grant Jr, email:e-mail address, online http://www.martygrant.com/.
4. [S118] Sarah Frances Jarvis Pierce, Meadows family.