About John Musgrove, III
John Edward Musgrove was born Abt. 1763 in South Carolina, and died Abt. 1838 in Jefferson Co, Georgia.
Parents: son of John Musgrove and Araminta Gordon
- Sara Harp
Children of John E. Musgrove and Sara Harp:
- Phillip Musgrove, d. date unknown.
- Larkin Cuthbert Musgrove, b. 1787, South Carolina, d. date unknown.
- William Trapnell Musgrove, b. Abt. 1805 d. date unknown.
- Phillips Family Line: Descendants of Gamel de Musgrave
- McKee Genealogy Updated 16 September 2003
John Jr. was commissioned a Major by the British during the Revolutionary War. His sons John III and William T. fought as teenagers in the 96th Brigade, a Tory regiment. Col. John Musgrove Jr. was a British Tory. Col. Phil Waters of the American side owned the adjoining Plantation. During the War, Col Waters took the Musgrove Plantation at the point of a gun. John Jr. died in 1787 shortly beforer his land was taken. He might have been killed by the patriots after the War.