Matching family tree profiles for John Francis Reynolds, of Wilkes
About John Francis Reynolds, of Wilkes
John Francis Reynolds
- Birth: 5 OCT 1710 in Norfolk Co Va ????
- Death: 1756 in Rowan Co N. C.
- Parents: NOT Robert Reynolds (1685 Norfolk VA - 1709 Surrey County, VA) and Grace Clark (1697 prob. VA - 1711 Norfolk County, VA).
- Married: (Sarah) Rebecca Jenkins
- John Francis ll. B 1732. Married Anne Blackburn
- Sarah. b.1746 , Wilkes County, North Carolina, USA d.Abt 1820 , Wilkes County, North Carolina, USA. Married Joseph Porter, R.S.
- Elisha. b April 1755. Married Judith Eddins
220.127.116.11. Mary Reynolds (? – 1751) married Thomas Waller Jr. On 15 July 1728 she and her husband sold the land her father had inherited, calling herself the “granddaughter and heir of Robert Reynolds [Sr.].”
Thomas Waller died intestate before 29 December 1750, and Mary died by 19 March 1750/1 when her son Edmund Waller was granted administration of her estate.
- comment April 2014: John Francis Reynolds died in 1789. In 1728, would he not have also been an "heir & grandson" of Robert Reynolds died 1702 ?
- comment April 2014: not listed as a child of Robert Reynolds d 1709 & Grace Clark d 1711 in this compilation from Bob's Filing Cabinet: http://www.genfiles.com/reynolds-files/Nicholas-Reynolds.pdf
According to S.F. Tillman, John Francis Reynolds the First settled in Wilkes County, North Carolina.This is the account that I am presuming in this genealogy. However, There is another account that says John Reynolds, father of Elisha, was born 1699 in England and emigrated to the U.S. in 1740. Both accounts claim that John Reynolds married Rebecca Jenkins. The latter account comes from a book entitled "REYNOLDS FAMILIES OF ALABAMA AND ILLINOIS", and includes a son named Jenkins. Tillman does not mention him, but there are Wilkes County marriage records in 1802 and 1804 for a Jinkin Reynolds.File C.R. 104.508, Wilkes Estate Records, NC Archives states that Francis Reynolds (I assume this is John Francis II) was appointed administrator of the estate of John Reynolds, deceased(I assume this is John Francis I) At that time, Wilkes was Rowan County.
- The Narragansett Historical Register, Volume 5 By James N. Arnold. Page 162. "Rebecca Jenkins, born 18th of 11th month, 1711; married 3rd of 9th month, 1729, ---- Reynolds. Nothing further known of them."
John Francis Reynolds, of Wilkes's Timeline
October 5, 1710
April 9, 1729
Bladen, North Carolina, United States
"(---) Reynolds married 3rd of 9th month, 1729, to Rebecca Jenkins. Nothing further is known of them." (Narraganset Historical Register, page 162, based on Rhode Island Vital Records).
This conflicts with the (source?) listing April 9, 1729 in Bladen, North Carolina as the marriage date.
Ashville, Surry, Nc
Bladen, North Carolina
April 4, 1755
May 9, 1789
Rowan County, North Carolina