Matching family tree profiles for John Sutherland
About John Sutherland
Principal Authority Scots Peerage.
(82) Hugh Sutherland of Kinnauld, second son of William (No. 77 above). He was appointed tutor to his nephew (No. 79 above) 17th February 1691, and had a son:
(83) John Sutherland. Married Christian, daughter and heiress of William Sutherland of Rearquhar. She was served heir to her father (who died February 1688) 8th November 1708. With his wife John Sutherland acquired the property, and had by her two sons:
- 83(a) John (No. 84 below).
- 83(b) James Sutherland.
(84) John Sutherland, left a son:
(85) James Sutherland of Rearquhar. His grandnephew, Captain John Sutherland of Invercharron, was served heir to him 8th January 1819, and also to his great-grandfather (No. 84 above) same date.