John Patrick Symes
|Birthplace:||Barwick Manor, Poundsford, Somerset, England|
|Death:||Died in Barwick Manor, Poundsford, Somerset, England|
|Managed by:||Jocelynn Elaine Oakes|
About Sir John Patrick Lord Barwick Symes
John Patrick Symes born May 1515 in Barwick Manor, Somerset, England; died on 9 Sep 1563 in Barwick, Somerset, England. John was Granted Arms in 1591 Somerset, England making him Sir John Symes. He received Pedigree in 1623 Somerset, England making him Sir John Patrick Lord Barwick Symes.
- Parents: William Symes (1485-1587) & Agnes Colender (1490-565)
- Lady Jane Petty in 1540 Somerset, England. She was born 1509 in Somerset, England; died 1563 in Somerset, England.
Known children are:
- William Symes 1544 – 1597 (1)
- 1. JOHN SYMES, of Barwick,6 Somerset, England, d. before 1 Sep. 1563.7 His wife was Jane.8 Petty (p. 3) says,
The visitation of Somerset, when the Herald for the crown, the official in charge of determining the records and make up of the English hierarchy, came to Somerset and recorded the families that had recorded pedigrees with the College of Heralds in London, in 1675 recorded the lineage of the Sims family, showing Thomas Symms as Great Grandson of John Symes of Barwick, through his son William Symms of Chard, and his son John Symms of Poundisford.9 (2)
- THE PURPORTED DESCENT OF THOMAS SIM(M)S OF CULPEPER CO., VIRGINIA, FROM JOHN SYMES OF BARWICK, SOMERSET, ENGLAND 1 - Draft, 1998
- Abstracts of Somersetshire Wills, Etc: Copied from the Manuscript ..., Volume 4 By Frederick Arthur Crisp, Frederick Brown
- JOHN SYMES, of Weston, Somerset, dec'd. Admon. May 25, 1563, to Nicholas Norden, of Milvernton, Somerset, during the minority of Joan Symes, sister of the defunct.
- JOHN SYMES, of Barwick, Somerset, dec'd. Admon. Sept. 1, 1563, to his relict Jane Symes.
- WILLIAM SYMES, of Poundisford in Pitmister, Somerset, Esq. Will dated Nov. 30, 1687, proved Feb. 16, 1687-8. [Archdeaconry of Taunton.] All my goods to my wife, Exix. If not money enough to pay my debts, to sell my estate, & to return the overplus to my brother Henry Symes, of Bristol, Gent., my brother in law John Bluett, of Holcombe Rogus, Devon, Esq., & my brother Henry Symes, L100 each. To my cousin Rachel Davison, daughter of Joseph Davison, of Freshford, Gent., L500 out of Poundsford, at age of 21. Poor of Pitmister, L10. To my brother John Bluett, my young Straw-
- berry Mare. To my brother Mr Francis Bluett, my silver hilt sward, & all my arms.
- Sealed with a coat of arms. Inventory L116 6s. 8d.
- RACHEL SYMES, of Poundsford, in Pitmister, Somerset, widow, relict & Extrix of William Symes, Esq. Will dated May 19, 1689, proved Feb. 21, 1692, by John Bluet. [Archdeaconry of Taunton.] My sister Johanna, wife of Joseph Davison, of Freshford, Somerset, Gent., & their children, John, Elisabeth, Anna, Frances, & Rachel. My brother John Bluet, of Holcomb Rogus. Elisabeth, wife of John Bluet. Residue to my sister Johanna Davison. My brothers John & Francis Bluet to be Exors.
- Seal, coat of arms.
- HENRY SYMES, late of Bristol, now of London, Gent. Will dated May 15, 1693, proved June 8, 1693. [100 Coker.] To be bur'd at Ryson (Ruishton), Somerset. Estate given me by my late brother Wm Syme's will. My wife Eleanor. My youngest son George Symes, L200. My daughter Elianor. My son John shall have my estate. Edward & Rob't Westcombe, sons of my late sister Abigail.
- JOHN SYMES, of Poundsford, Somerset, dec'd. Admon. May 20, 1698, to his sister Elianor, wife of Francis Duncombe.
- THOMAS SYMES, of Stoke, near Guildford, Surrey, Gent., dec'd. Admon. Sept. 14, 1698, to his mother Elizabeth Symes.
- RICHARD SYMES, of Lewisham, co. Kent, Esq. Will dated July 17, 1723, proved Aug. 20, 1728, by Richard Symes. [250 Brook.] To be bur'd at Lewisham. A monument of L50. My late wife Charlotte Bridgman. Estate settled on Richard Symes, son of my late brother Wm Symes, rem'r to my great nephew Richard Symes, son of my nephew Tho's Symes, rem'r to the eldest son of the s'd Thomas, rem'r to his brother William Symes, Clerk, & to his Sons. My nephew Capt. Tho's Symes, L300, & to his brother Wm Symes, L100. My nephew John Meredith, L100. My nephew Richard Symes, Exor.
- MARY DAVISSON, of Freshford, Somerset, widow, dec'd. Admon. Oct. 20, 1732, to her daughter Mary Davisson.
- WILLIAM SYMES, of St Ann's, Westminster, Midd., dec'd. Admon. June 30, 1736, to his relict Mary Symes.
- MEREAL SYMES, of St Giles', Oxford, Widow. Will dated June 9, 1735, proved Apr. 22, 1741, by her daughter Mereal. [107 Spurway.] To be buried at Ickford, Bucks, near my husband. My son Andrew, L50. My younger son John. My daughters Anne, Sarah, Elizabeth, & Mary. My linen to my daughters Mereal, Elizabeth, & Mary. My messuage at Ickford, called the Sladd, to my daughter Mereal, Extrix.
- Andrew Symes, gent., died Sept. 18, 1707, aged 41, buried at Ickford, Bucks. Mereal Symes, his wife, died March 4, 1740-1, aged 70. Walter, their son, died April 1, 1694, aged 2 years, 6 months, and 3 days.
Sir John Patrick Lord Barwick Symes 's Timeline
Barwick Manor, Poundsford, Somerset, England
Somerset, , England
Sandwich, Kent, England
September 1, 1563
Barwick Manor, Poundsford, Somerset, England