John Young, Jr.
|Also Known As:||"Youngs"|
|Death:||Died in Eastham, Barnstable County, New Plymouth Colony|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Young, Jr.
About John Young, Jr.
John YOUNG was born in England, settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts. He had a grant of land in Plymouth, October 31, 1638, and November 21, 1639, as per town of Salem records. His name appears on the list of those able to bear arms in 1643.
He married, December 13, 1648, Abigail Howland. [...]
He settled in Eastham about 1650, died January 29, 1690/1. His will, dated January 19, 1688; proved April 21, 1691; bequeathed to wife Abigail and children John, Joseph, Nathaniel, David, Robert (2), Henry and three daughters. The widow's estate was divided April 19, 1692.
Children of John (i) and Abigail (Howland) Young:
- John, born at Plymouth, November 15, 1649, married Ruth Cole;
- Joseph, born November 12, 1651, died December, 1651;
- Joseph, born December, 1654, married Sarah Davis;
- Nathaniel, born April, 1656, married Mercy Davis;
- Mary, born April 28, 1658, married Daniel Smith;
- Abigail, born October, 1660, married Stephen Twining;
- David, born April 17, 1662, married Anne Doane;
- Lydia, born 1664;
- Robert (2), born August, 1667. mentioned below:
- Henry, born July, 1669, died April 30, 1670;
- Henry, born March 17, 1672, married Sarah.
Page 2684 of the book -
By William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams
Published by Lewis Historical Pub. Co., 1910
Item notes: v. 4
Original from Harvard University
John Young, Jr.'s Timeline
April 10, 1623
Southwold, Suffolk Co, Eng
April 10, 1623
Southwold, Suffolk, England
November 9, 1649
Plymouth, (Present Plymouth County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
November 12, 1651
Eastham, Massachusetts, New England Colonies
December 19, 1654
Eastham, Cape Cod, Plymouth Colony