About John de Cotton, Esquire
John Cotton - was born about 1465 in Cotton, Shropshire, England. He is the son of William de Coton and Agnes Younge.
John married Cicely Mainwaring. Cicely was born about 1469. She was the daughter of Thomas Mainwaring and Jane Sutton. She died before 1516 in Cotton, Shropshire, England.
i. Sir George Cotton was born about 1505 in Cotton, Sallop co. and died on 25 Mar 1545 in Combermere, Salop, England
- 'John Cotton, Esq.1,2,3,4
- 'M, b. circa 1465
- Father William Cotton2,3 b. 1440
- Mother Agnes Young2,3 b. c 1438
- ' John Cotton, Esq. died at Shropshire, England. He married Cecily Mainwaring, daughter of Thomas Mainwaring, Esq. and Jane Sutton; There were 6 sons (William, Sir George, Sir Richard, Ralph, Robert, & Thomas) born to this marriage.2,5,3,4 John Cotton, Esq. was born circa 1465 at Cotton, Wem, Salop, England.
- 'Family Cecily Mainwaring b. c 1473
- ◦Sir George Cotton, Sheriff of Denbighshire,Steward of Bromfield, Yale, Chirk, & Chirckland, Privy Councillor+3 b. c 1505, d. 25 Mar 1545
- 1.[S2939] Unknown author, Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 1.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 33.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 1.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 94.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 485.
- Jane SUTTON
- Born: ABT 1434, Dudley Castle, Staffordshire, England
- Died: AFT 1475
- Notes: Her grandson, Sir George Cotton, was member of Privy Council of Henry VIII; knighted by King Henry VIII; grantee of Combermere, Co. Salop 1541; obtained 2/3 of Newhall Manor' vice-chamberlain of the Household to Prince Edward; birth date listed as 1505. Married Mary Onley BEF 11 Nov 1537. She was the dau. of John Onley, Esq., of Catesby, co. Northampton, by Jane Pontesbury, dau. of Thomas Pontesbury, of Albrighton, co. Salop. They had one son and four daughters. He and his wife were granted the abbey of Combermere by the King, and the manors of Wilkesley and Pulton, co., Chester. Sir George died at Combermere on 25 Mar 1545. His widow died at Combermere on 14 Mar 1559/60.
- Father: John SUTTON (1º B. Sutton of Dudley)
- Mother: Elizabeth BERKELEY (B. Powis/B. Dudley)
- Married: Thomas MAINWARING (d. 1508) (son of William Mainwaring and Margaret Warren) ABT 1455, Dudley Castle, Staffordshire, England
- '1. Cecily MAINWARING (m. John Cotton, Esq.)
- 2. John MAINWARING (Sir Knight) (b. 1475 - d. 1517/8) (m. Joan Lacon)
Name: John Cotton
Given Name: John
Birth: 1465 in England
Change Date: 24 Nov 2004 at 22:40
Marriage 1 Cecily Mainwaring b: 1469 in England
Change Date: 24 Nov 2004
George Cotton b: 1506 in Cotton, England
-------------------- John COTTON
b. 1465 England
Marriage: <1505> <Cotton, England>
Spouse: Cicely MAINWARING
b. 1469 England
Father: Thomas MAINWARING
Mother: Jane SUTTON
- JUSTUS P. "Jut" LUTHER
- (1833 - 1911)
- 7th WI Infantry, Co. E
- TENTH GENERATION
- 516. George Abell: born in 1561 in Stapenhill, Hemington, Leicester, England; married on 1 May 1599 in England; died on 13 Sep 1630 in Lockington, Leicester, England
- 517. Frances Cotton: born between 1565 and 1572 in Hemington, Leicestershire, England; died in 1631 in Lockington, Leicester, England
- ELEVENTH GENERATION
- 1032. Robert II Abell (Esquire): born between 1522 and 1524 in Stapenhill, Hemington, Leicester, England; married in 1560 in England; died on 18 Mar 1588 in Lockington, Leicester, England
- 1033. Elizabeth (Abell): born between 1526 and 1525 in Stapenhill, Hemington, Leicester, England; died
- 1034. Richard Cotton: born in 1540 in Ightfield, Cheshire, England; married in 1559 in Marbury, Chester, England; died on 14 Jun 1602
- 1035. Mary Mainwaring: born about 1541 in Ightfield, Cheshire, England; died before 4 Jun 1578
- TWELFTH GENERATION
- 2064. Robert I Abell: born in 1531 in Stapenhill, Hemington, Leicester, England; died in 1596 in Ticknall, Derby, England
- 2068. George Cotton (Knight): born in 1506 in Combemere, Cheshire, England; married in 1539; died on 25 Mar 1545 in Combemere, Cheshire, England
- 2069. Mary Onley: born in 1517 in Catesly, Northampton, England; died on 13 Mar 1560
- THIRTEENTH GENERATION
- '4136. John Cotton: born in 1464 in Cotton, Shropshire, England; married in 1506; died
- '4137. Cicely Mainwaring: born in 1469 in Ightfield, Shropshire, England; died
- FOURTEENTH GENERATION
- 8272. William II de Cotton: born in 1432 in Cotton, Alkengton, Shropshire, England; married; died
- 8273. Agnes Young: born about 1437 in Kenton, Shropshire, England; died
- FIFTEENTH GENERATION
- 16544. William I de Cotton: born in 1400 in Cotton, Alkengton, Shropshire, England; married in 1432; died
- 16545. (Miss) Hulse: born in 1405 in Norbury, Cheshire, England; died
- 16546. Philip Young: born about 1405 in Kenton, Shropshire, England; died
John de Cotton, Esquire's Timeline
Cotton, Shropshire, England
<Of Combermere, Cheshire, Eng>
Cotton or Of Combermere, Cheshire, England
Cotton, Shrops., Eng.
Cotton, Shropshire, Eng
Cotton, Shrops., Eng.
Cotton, Shrops., Eng.