About Jonas Keen
Jonas Keen son of Maons and Elizabeth Laican Keen was born in West New Jersey April 7 1739 and lived in Pilesgrove Township Salem Co He married Raccoon Swedish Church Register February 18 1763 Christina Van Neeman of Salem County In 1767 he purchased land from Hugh and Susanna Keen Davis in Penn's Neck Township Salem Co.
He died by 1791 when his estate was administered by his widow and eldest son. He had at least eight children all born in Salem County and for several years after their father's death residing in the Township of Upper and Lower Penn's Neck.
- John b November 23 1763
- Rebecca b February 24 1765 d September 16 1768
- David b October 13 1766 married and d June 8 1834 and was bur in the Protestant Episcopal Churchyard in Penn's Neck Salem Co NJ
- Jonas b June 9 1768 m
- Isaac b December 22 1770
- Henby b 1772 m
- Peteb baptized August 14 1777
- Mabgabet b February 20 1782 m Penn's Neck Swedish Church Register November 15 1797 James Sinkins
- http://books.google.com/books?id=EyRWAAAAMAAJ&dq=Jonas%20Keen%20Salem%20New%20Jersey&pg=PA71#v=onepage&q=Jonas%20Keen%20Salem%20New%20Jersey&f=false The descendants of Jöran Kyn of New Sweden
By Gregory Bernard Keen, Swedish colonial society. 1913]