Jonas Weed, Jr.
|Birthplace:||Stanwick, Northamptonshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Stamford, Fairfield County, Connecticut Colony|
Son of Jonas Weed; Jonas Weed; Mary Jane Weed (Davidson) and Mary Jane Davidson
|Occupation:||Founder of Stamford CT|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Jonas Weed, Jr.
- HOYT, Mary
- b. 1616 England
- d. 10 MAR 1688/9 Stamford, Fairfield, CT.
- Marriage: ABT 1637 Wethersfield, Hartford, CT.
- Spouse: WEED, Jonas
- b. ABT FEB 1596/7 England
- d. 7 NOV 1676 Stamford, Fairfield, CT.
- WEED, Elizabeth
- WEED, Dorcas
- WEED, John
- WEED, Samuel
- WEED, Hannah
- WEED, Jonas
- WEED, Daniel
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_4bc.htm#69
- History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, Volume 1 By Donald Lines Jacobus
- Weed, Jonas.
- Came on the Arbella, 1630, settled at Watertown, Mass., and was made freeman, 18 May 1631. In 1635 was a first settler in Wethersfield, Conn., and founder of Stamford in 1641. He d. in Stamford in 1676, and his widow Mary early in 1690.
- Will 26 Nov. 1672; Inv. 7 Nov. 1676; wife Mary; eldest son John; son Daniel; son Jonas; dau. Mary wife of George Abbot; dau. Dorcas wife of James Wright; son Samuel; to John Rockwell, five shillings, and £5 in Daniel's hands for Elizabeth; dau. Sarah, "if she return to the truth"; dau. Hannah wife of Benjamin Hoit; wife Mary and son John, Exec'rs.
- Inv. of Mary Weed, 10 Mar. 1689/90.
- Mary, m. George Abbott.
- Dorcas, b. [say 1640], d. at Wethersfield, 24 Dec. 1692; m. (rec. Wethersfield) 20 Nov. 1660, James Wright.
- Samuel, d. at Danbury in 1708; Inv. 9 Sept. 1708; m. Mary —— ; Pro. Rec. mentions adult son Jcob, and minor children Samuel, Jonas, Elizabeth Prob. there were other adult children.
- Elizabeth, m. John Rockwell, of Rye, who d. by 1677.
- Hannah, b. [say 1650], d. at Stamford, 9 Nov. 1711; m. 5 Jan. 1670, Benjamin Hoyt.
- Child, d. 15 July 1656.
- Weed, John, s. of Jonas.
- He m. (1) Joanna Westcott, dau. of Richard, who d. by 1678.
- He m. (2) Mary, who m. (2) Josiah Forman, of Newtown, L. I., and d. 31 Mar. 1714.
- .... etc.
- Weed, Daniel, s. of Jonas. .... etc.
- He died at Stamford, 29 Nov. 1697; .... etc.
- He m. Mary —— , who d. 1 Apr. 1714.
- .... etc.
- Weed, Jonas, s. of Jonas.
- He d. at Stamford, 19 Nov. 1704; m. 16 Nov. 1676, Bethia Holly, who d. 24 Dec. 1713.
- .... etc.
- History of Stamford, Connecticut: From Its Settlement in 1641, to the ... By Elijah Baldwin Huntington
- WEED JONAS, came to Watertown in 1631 where he was made freeman, and thence to Stamford in 1642. He died here in 1676. His will, on record at Fairfield, dated Nov. 26, 1672 makes his legatees, his wife Mary ; and his children, John, Daniel, and Jonas ; Mary, wife of Geo. Abbot ; Dorcus, wife of Jas. Wright ; Samuel; John Rockwell for Elizabeth; Sarah; and Hannah, wife of Benjamin Hoyt. His administrators were his wife Mary, and his sons Daniel and John. The widow died in 1690. His son John Married Joanna, daughther of Richard "Westcoat." The son Jonas married Nov. 6, 1670, Bethia, daughter of John Holly, and to him the father gave in 1671 the house where he was then living. The descendants of this Jonas Weed have been very numerous here, and they have, also, always been among our prominent citizens.
Alt birth date: c. 1598
Came to America in Lord Saltenstalls' contingent in 1629, landed at Watertown, MA. Had large land grant from King of England. Later moved to Stamford, CT
Jonas Weed, Jr.'s Timeline
February 20, 1597
Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England
Stanwick, Northamptonshire, England
Probaby Wethersfield, (Present Hartford County), Connecticut Colony
Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut
Stamford, Connecticut Colony
Stamford, New Haven Colony
Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA