About Jose Olfinas Vera
Jose O. Vera was a Filipino public servant and businessman.
In 1937, he was among the founders of Sampaguita Pictures, together with Pedro Vera, Jose Zulueta, Antonio Torres, Catalino Gavino, Pedro Abecilla at Apolonia Vda de Vera. Sampaguita Pictures, Lebran, Inc, LVN Pictures and Premiere Productions became what was known as the "Big Four" of the early years of Philippine cinema.
He served in various posts in government: Senator of the Philippines in the Seventh Legislature (1925-1928), under the Sixth Senatorial District of Albay, Sorsogon, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Masbate; Governor of Albay, and a Judge of the Lower Court of Manila.
- "Gina de Venecia". Wikipedia. http://bit.ly/16DbS11. Date published: 16 July 2012. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- "List of Previous Senators". Senate of the Philippines. http://bit.ly/15wXPpN. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- "Philippines Deaths and Burials, 1726-1957," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FJLN-T82 : accessed 03 Jun 2013), Jose O. Vera, 15 Aug 1956; citing Quezon City, Metropolitan Manila, Philippines, reference ; FHL microfilm 1775880.
- "Philippine Senate elections, 1925". Wikipedia. http://bit.ly/1aUXWfj. Date published: 09 April 2013. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- "Sampaguita Pictures". http://bit.ly/19BzYYG. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.