About Joseph B. Martin
6. Joseph4 Martin (John3, Isaac2, Christopher1) was born 1657 in Dover, New Hampshire, and died 1723 in
Piscataway, NJ. He married Sarah Trotter November 25, 1679. She was born May 03, 1665 in Newbury, Mass,
and died in Piscataway, NJ.
Children of Joseph Martin and Sarah Trotter are:
+ 10 i. James5 Martin, born December 14, 1680 in Piscataway, NJ; died Abt. 1771 in Basking Ridge, NJ.
11 ii. Joseph Martin, born February 22, 1682/83. He married Susannah Auger September 01, 1707.
12 iii. Abigail Martin, born January 21, 1689/90; died January 19, 1692/93.
13 iv. David Martin, born July 08, 1696; died 1752. He married Elizabeth Doty March 09, 1713/14.
14 v. Joshua Martin, born November 21, 1698. He married Sarah Sopers April 06, 1715.
15 vi. Moses Martin, born February 19, 1699/00. He married Margaret Mack March 05, 1718/19.
- 'Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society, Volume 4 By New Jersey Historical Society
- Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society, Volume 4 By New Jersey Historical Society
- Piscataway, New Jersey, Marriage and Death Records
- From the Town Register, 1668 to 1805.
- Pg. 38
- Martin, Lydia (John and Easter), to John Smalley, Oct. 18, 1676.
- Martin, John (John and Hester) to Dorothy Smith, June 26, 1677.
- 'Martin, Joseph (John and Hester) to Sarah Trotter (of Eliz.), (d. Wm. and Catharine), Nov. 25, 1679.
- Martin, Martha, to Josiah Wooden, Nov. 20, 1705.
- Martin, Benjamin (John and Hes.), to Margaret Rennals, Oct. 24, 1680.
- Martin, Benjamin to Margt. Ellstone, Nov. 10 1688.
- Martin, Thomas, to Rebecca Higgins, Apl. 28, 1683.
- Martin, Elizabeth (John and Dorothy), to Hugh Dun, Aug. 9, 1697.
- Martin, John, to Ann Brown, Jan. 9, 1698-9.
- Martin James, to Hannah Smith (of Wood), Sept. 4, 1701.
- Martin, Dorothy, to Benjamin Dunham, Sept 21, 1704.
- Martin, Patience, to Daniel Dutton, Oct. 31, 1704.
- Martin, Joseph, to Susanna Anger, Sept. 1, 1707.
- Martin, Richard, to Mary Salard, Mar. 3, 1713-14.
- Martin, David, to Elizabeth Doty, Mar. 9, 1714.
- Martin, Joshua, to Sarah Sopars, Apl. 6, 1715.
- Martin, John, to Mary Drake, Feb. 16, 1716.
- Martin, Jonathan (Jon. and Eliz.) to Martha Dunn, May 11, 1732.
- Martin, Hannah, to Banajah Dunham, Feb. 5, 1745.
- Pg. 40
- Smith, Dorothy, dau. of Richd., to John Martin, June 26, 1677.
- Pg. 42
- Martin, Easter, of John and Dorothy, Apl. 9, 1678.
- Martin, Easter, of John and Dorothy, Nov. 8, 1682.
- Martin, John, of John and Dorothy, July 16, 1721.
- Martin, John Senr., July 5, 1687.
- Martin, Esther, widow of John, Dec. 12, 1687.
- Martin, Benjamin, of Benjamin and Margaret, Oct. 24, 1682.
- Martin, Margaret, wife of Benjamin, Jan. 12, 1687-8.
- Martin, Joshua, of Moses and Margt., age 59 yrs., Apl. 16, 1793.
- Martin, Abigail, of Joseph and Sarah, Jan. 19, 1693-4
- Martin, Dorothy, wife of John, Mar. 28, 1698
- Martin, Rachel, of Joshua and Mary, Oct. 28, 1788.
- Martin, Margaret, of Joshua and Mary, 39 yrs. Mar. 20, 1805.
- 'New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- 1687 Nov. 9. Martin, Easter, of Piscataway; will of. Children — John, 'Joseph', Thomas Martin, Mary Hull, Martha Langstafis, Lidia Smalley, Benjamin, grandchildren Mary and Plope Hull (children of Hopewell Hull). Land iu Piscataway Township. Personal property. Executor — son Benjamin. Witnesses — Edward Slater and Samuel Hull. Proved December 20, 1687.
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. loS, and Middlesex Wills
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Bond of her son Benjamin Martin of Piscataway as executor of her will. Edward Slater of the same place fellow bondsman,
- 1687 Sept. 15. Martin, James, of Burlington, meal man; will of. Brothers — Thomas Martin and John Martin, sister Mary Fry (excluding her husband from use of legacy), nephew Thomas Fry; Monthly Meeting of Ratlife Frends, London, and Burlington Meeting; mother Martha Martin alias Greenhill. Real and personal estate, partly in England, Executors — Samuel Jenings, Percival Towle and Thomas Ollive. Witnesses — John Johnson and Susannah Prickit. Proved March 28, 1693.
- 1687 March 17. Martin, John, of Piscataway, yeoman; will of. Wife Easter heiress and executrix of real and personal estate with sons John and Benjamin Martin, Hopfull Hulle and John Langstaff as over-seers. Witnesses — Thomas Killingvvorlh, Will: Button, Benjamin Martin, Thomas Martin and Daniel Lippington. Proved 20th 20th 16S7 (?)
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. 107, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 May 21. Martin, Jolin, of Piscatteque, yeoman; will of. Wife Ann. Children — Elizabeth Dun, Ester Martin, Dorthy Martin, John Martin (under age), Richard Martin, brothers 'Joseph', Benjamin and Thomas Martin, sisters Mary Hall and Lydey Snialley. Real and personal estate. Executors — brother Benjamin Martin and Samuel Blackford. Witnesses — Benjamin Martin, Joseph Martin and Stephen W^illson. Proved April 18, 1704. Lib. i, p. 34, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 June 12. Inventory of the personal estate (£219.17.6); made by John Royse and Edmond Dunham.
- 'NEW JERSEY COLONIAL RECORDS, East Jersey Records: Part 3 - Volume 21 Calendar of Records 1664-1703
- PAGE 70
- 1682 May 18. Deed. John MARTIN of Piscataway to his son 'Joseph MARTIN of the same place, for 80 acres at the Vinyard in said Township, bounded S. by son John MARTIN, E. by Nicholas MUNDAY, N. by Samuel HULL, W. by unsurveyed land, as granted by patent of Septbr. 10, 1678; also one half of a 30 a. lot of meadow on Raraton R. in Woodbridge Corporation adjoining Charles GILMAN (patent of June 3, 1673) 237
- PAGE 83
- 1686 July 22. Patent to John MARTINE Junior of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded N. by grantee, E. by John MARTINE Senior, S. and W. by unsurveyed land; also 90 acres at Chingell Hill, bounded W. by Hopell HULL, S. by Jeffrey MANING, E. by unsurveyed land, N. by John MARTINE Senior. 352
- 1686 July 22. Do. to John MARTINE Senior of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded N. by his homelot, W. by John MARTINE Junior, South by unsurveyed land, E. by Woodbridge line; also 81 a. bounded W. by Hopell HULL and Thomas HIGGINES, S. by John MARTINE Jr., E. and N. by unsurveyed lands. 353
- 1686 July 19. Do. to Hopewell HULE of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded E. by Woodbridge, S. W. and N. by unsurveyed lands; also 90 a. at Chigell Hill, bounded S. by Jaffray MANING, E. by John MARTINE Junior, N. by Thomas HIGGINES, W. by unsurveyed lands. 356
- PAGE 87
- 1684-5 Jan. 21. Deed. John MARTIN Junior of Piscataway to his brother Benjamin MARTIN, for a tract at the Vineye and in Piscataway Township along Woodbridge line, by virtue of patent of Sept. 10, 1678. 395
- 1684 Aug. 4. Do. John MARTIN of Piscataway to his son Benjamin MARTIN, for several tracts, vizt: 1, 33 acres along son Thomas MARTIN and Woodbridge line; 2, a parcel in Woodbridge Corporation along the first; 3, 10 acres of Raraton meadows, bounded E. by Rehaboth GANNETT and John WHITCHER, w. by Thomas MARTIN; all by virtue of patent of June 6, 1673. 396
- 'NEW JERSEY COLONIAL RECORDS, East Jersey Records: Part 4 - Volume 21 Calendar of Records 1664-1703
- PAGE 96
- 1684-5 Jan. 21. Do. Benjamin MARTINE to his brother John MARTINE joiner, both of Piscataway, for 33 acres in Woodbridge, given him by their father John MARTINE August 4, 1684. 78
- PAGE 107
- 1684 Aug. 22. Deed. John MARTINE junior of Piscataway to his father John MARTINE of Woodbridge, for 15 acres of upland at Piscataway, N. and E. the highway, W. and S. grantee. 219
- 1687-8 March 17. Will of John MARTIN of Piscataway. Wife Esther sole heiress and executrix with sons Hopewell HULL, John MARTIN, Benjamin MARTIN and John LANGSTAFF as overseers and assistants. Witnesses Thomas KILLINGWORTH, Will. BUTTON, Benjamin MARTIN, Thomas MARTIN, Daniel LIPPINGTON. 220
- 1687 Dec. 14. Letters of administration on the estate of John MARTIN dec'd., granted to his widow Esther. 221
- 1684 Aug. 4. Deed. John MARTINE of Piscataway to his son Thomas MARTINE of the same place for two tracts of land and one tract of meadow, in Woodbridge, vizt: the first, between Abraham TAPPINE, Piscataway bounds, and son Benj. MARTIN; the second, betw. Benj. MARTINE and Piscataway line; the third, 10 acres of Raraton meadows; all by virtue of patent of June 6, 1673. 222
- PAGE 108
- 1687 Nov. 9. Will of Esther MARTIN of Piscataway. Sons John, 'Joseph', Thomas, Benjamin, daughter Mary HULL, Martha LANGSTAFF, Lidea SMALLY, grandchildren Hopewell, son of Hopewell and Mary HULL, Mary, dau. of the same. Executor son Benjamin. Witnesses Edward SLATTER and Samuel HULL. Proved Dec. 20, 1687. 224
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Letters of administration on the estate of Esther MARTIN granted to her son Benjamin. 226
Joseph B. Martin's Timeline
Dover, Stafford, New Hampshire, USA
November 25, 1679
Piscataway, Middlesex Co., NJ
December 14, 1680
Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
December 14, 1680
January 21, 1689
July 8, 1696
Piscataway, NJ, USA
Piscataway, New Jersey, USA