Joseph B. Looney, Sr.
|Birthplace:||Augusta (Now Botetourt), Virginia, United States|
|Death:||Died in Roane County, Tennessee|
Son of Robert Looney, Sr.; Elizabeth Looney and Mary Elizabeth Looney
|Occupation:||m. June 25, 1764 in Augusta Co., VA|
|Managed by:||Gibby Brack|
Matching family tree profiles for Joseph B. Looney, Sr.
About Joseph B. Looney, Sr.
13. JOSEPH B.3 LOONEY (ROBERT2, JOSEPH OR JOHN1) was born 1740 in Orange County, Virginia, and died Unknown. He married ELIZABETH JANE BOWEN 25 Jun 1764 in Botetourt County, Virginia, daughter of JOHN BOWEN and LILLIE LNU. Notes for JOSEPH B. LOONEY:
- In 1781 Capt. Joseph Looney, Lt. Tosh (Toch?) and Ensign Wm. McClenachan marched a company to Yorktown and Fiatt Wyson, one of the men, states that he was present at the surrender. Capt. Joseph Looney is listed as present at Guilford Court House.
- Elected: 1792, Justice of the Peace, Knox County, Tennessee
- Emigration: Bet. 1790 - 1792, Moved to Knox County, Tennessee
- Military service: Captain, Botetourt County, Virginia, militia
- Probate: Jan 1818, Roan County, Tennessee
- Property 1: 20 Nov 1764, Deeded by father 160 acres at Sinking Spring on the west side of the James River
Joseph B. Looney, Sr.'s Timeline
Augusta (Now Botetourt), Virginia, United States
June 25, 1765
Augusta County, VA, USA
April 21, 1771
November 5, 1816
Roane County, Tennessee