427— m. Mary*, born May 26, 1768, in Canterbury; married Joseph, son
of John and Ruth (Rogers) Lord of Lyme, N. H., Jan. 1, 1788; he was born in Vermont May 4, 1764; and removed to Ohio in 1806, dying near Jamestown, in that state, Aug. —, 1847. He was a farmer. She died in Germantown, O., April 10, 1859, at the age of ninety.
Their children were as follows:
1. Luanda', born in 1789, in Windsor, Vt.; married William Fraser, a native of Scotland, ,n Green county, O.; and she died in Germantown in 1849. He also died there. They had no children.
2. Pamelia (twin), born April 21, 1791, in Windsor; married John Crary, a native of Vermont, about 1808, in Green county, O.; and she died in 1810.
3. Mary' (twin), born April 21, 1791, in Windsor; married Josiah, son of David and Susfinnah (Craig) Bradbury of Warren county, O., in 1809; he was born in Essex county, N. J., Dec. 9, 1785; she died in Wabash county, Ind., Aug. 15, 1871, aged eighty; and he died there June 20, 1872, aged eighty-six. They had thirteen children, one of whom is Rev. John Lord Bradbury of Grant county, Ind.
4. Joseph Tilden', born April 14, 1793, in Windsor; married Maria, daughter of William and Winnifred 'Rector) Ross April 16, 1811, in Urbana, O.; she was born in Kentucky Jan. 13, 1793; he died in Cooper, Ill., July 24, 1845, aged fifty-two; and she died there Oct. 17, 1852, aged fifty-nine. They had nine children.
5. John (twin), born Oct. 30, 1795, in Windsor; married, first, Mary, daughter of Oliver and Jane Bogart in Ohio Nov. 9, 1819; she died in Cincinnati, O., in 1828; he married, second, Verlinda, daughter of Richard and Cynthia Ann Otwell in Danville, Ill., about 1832; and he died in Ottawa, Ill., Oct. 20, 1860, aged sixty-four. He had eight children.
6. Alice' (twin), born Oct. 30, 1795, in Windsor; married, first, James Berryman in 1815; he died in Cincinnati about 1819; she married, second, Samuel, son of Adonijah and Abigail (Havens) Harrison Oct. 19, 1822, in Cincinnati; he was born in Newark, N. J., July 20, 1794; she died in Cincinnati Nov. n, 1842; and he was living in Elenor, O, in 1877. She had five children.
7. Ruth', born July 25, 1797, in Windsor; married, first, Aaron, son of William and Mary Bennett in 1815; he was born near Richmond, Va., in 1793; he died in St. Louis, Mo., Nov. —, 1817; she married, second, John Lewis, a native of Scotland. in Cincinnati in 1819; he died in New Orleans, La., in 1821; she married, third, Rev. William Fraser; she married, fourth, Rev. John Kemp; she married, fifth, John Stout; she died in Evansport, O., Oct. 31, 1873, having had two children.
8. David' (twin), born Jan. 5, 1800, in Windsor; died unmarried.
9. Jonathan* (twin), born Jan. 5, 1800, in Windsor; married, first, Sarah, daughter of Alexander and Sarah (McKibbin) Stewart Jan. 22, 1824, in Newtown, O.; she died at Newtown about 1833; he married, second, Margaret, daughter of William and Nancy (Craig) Hatfield, and widow of Jones, Dec. 25, 1834; she was born in Virginia Nov. 13, 1802; he died in Newtown, O., in 1850; and his widow Margaret died in Newtown Aug. 26, 1862, at the age of fifty-nine. He had nine children.
10. Abiel Hovey', born April 26, 1802, in Windsor; was a physician in Bellefontaine, O.; was three times elected treasurer of Logan county; married Letitia, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Boswell) McCloud May 27, 1824, in Bellefontaine; she was born in Green county, O, Feb. 14, 1805; and she died in Bellefontaine Aug. 22, 1875. Doctor Lord was living and in active practice at Bellefontaine in 1879. They had four children.
11. Rhoda' , born in 1804; died in 1808.
12. Rebecca', born Jan. 10, 1807, in Hamilton county, O.; married John, son of Rev. Josiah Hoskinson Sept. 20, 1827, in Cincinnati, O.; and she died at Portsmouth, O., Sept. 15, 1829, aged twenty-two, having one child.
13. Abigail, born April 30, 1811, in Hamilton county; married Protus, son of Joseph and Clara (Wyman) Hackenger Jan. 16, 1828, in Cincinnati; he was born in Baden, Germany, June 9, 1806; farmer; and they lived, in 1879, at Sedamsville, O. They had eleven children, all of whom were baptized into the Roman Catholic church.
Full text of "A genealogy of Benjamin Cleveland, a great-grandson of Moses Cleveland, of Woburn, Mass., and a native of Canterbury, Windham County, Conn"
Mary Hovey," eldest daughter and third child of Rev.
Samuel and Abigail (Cleveland) Hovey, m. in Lyme, N. H.,
Jan. 1, 1788, Joseph Lord, son of John and Ruth (Rogers)
Lord. He was b. in Vermont, May 4, 1764, removed to
Ohio in 1806, and d. near Jamestown, Green county, Ohio, 3
Aug. — , 1847. Farmer. She d. in Germantown, Montgom-
ery county, Ohio, April 10, 1859,
1. Lucinda,' b. , 178'J; d. , 1849.
2. Pamelia,* ) b. April 21, 1791; d. , 1810.
3 Mary,' b. April 21, 1791; d. Aug. 15, 1871.
4. Joseph Tildeii,' b. April 14, 1798; d. July 24, 1845.
5. John,' ) b. Oct. 80, 1795; d. , 1829.
6. Alice,' \ b. Oct. 30, 1795; d. Nov. 12, 1842.
7. Ruth,' b. July 25, 1797; d. Oct. :31, 1874.
8. David,' ) b. Jan. 5, 1800; d. unm.
9. Jonathan,' S b. Jan. 5, 1800; d. , 1850.
10. Abiel Hovey,' (Dr.), b. April 20, 1802; res. Bellefontaine, Ohio.
11. Rhoda,' b. , 1804; d. , 1808.
12. Rebecca,' b. Jan. 10, 1807; d. Sept. 15, 1829.
13. Abigail,' b. April ??, 1811; res. Cincinnati, Ohio.
Above link contains Extensive listing of the ancestors and descendants of Mary Hovey - granddaughter of Benjamin Cleveland - the subject of the text. The entry for Abiel Hovey Lord will be copied his timeline under the entry for his marriage, and other descendants information will be incorporated as a SOURCE for Abiel and his family members.