Joseph Thomas Wheat
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Joseph Thomas Wheat
- Name: Mr Joseph Thomas Wheat
- Born in Rock Ferry Merseyside England
- Age: 29 years
- Last Residence: at 14 Cobden Gardens Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Assistant Second Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Rescued (boat 11)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr Joseph Thomas Wheat, 29, was born in Rock Ferry.
(Daily Sketch 18 April 1912)
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 14 Cobden Gardens, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As Assistant Second Steward he received monthly wages of £8.
Wheat was rescued in lifeboat 11.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381) Wreck Commissioners' Court, Proceedings before the Right Hon. Lord Mersey on a Formal Investigation Ordered by the Board of Trade into the Loss of the S.S. Titanic