|Death:||Died in USA|
|Cause of death:||Gunshot Wound|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Juha Niskänen
- Name: Mr Juha Niskänen
- Age: 39 years
- Last Residence: in Boston Massachusetts United States
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101289 , £7 18s 6d
- Destination: Boston Massachusetts United States
- Rescued (boat 9)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 13th August 1927
- Cause of Death: Gunshot Wound
- Buried: IOOF Cemetery Santa Rosa California United States
Mr Juha Niskanen, 39, had been living in several places in Vermont, USA for three years, but then returned to his native Finland. He was travelling from Kivijärvi, Finland to Boston, Massachusetts.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number STON/O 2. 3101289, £7 18s 6d), sharing a cabin with Juho Strandén.
After the collision Strandén woke Niskanen, who went and warned Erik Jussila. Together with Strandén he reached boat deck, where, according to their account, they assisted with the loading of one of the lifeboats. Niskanen and Strandén were rescued, probably in lifeboat 9.
After reaching New York Niskanen made a claim of £50 for his lost luggage.
Niskanen eventually settled in Cazadero, California. He commited suicide on 13 August 1927.