|Death:||Died in Noord Atlantische Oceaan|
|Cause of death:||scheepsramp|
|Managed by:||Wouter De Boeck|
About Julius Vanderplancke
Gestorven aan boord van de Titanic
Ticket nummer 345763
Sources: Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York)
- Name: Mr Julius Vanderplancke
- Born: Tuesday 8th February 1881
- Age: 31 years
- Last Residence: in Zwevezele Belgium
- Occupation: Farmer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 345763 , £18
- Destination: Freemont United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Jules Vanderplancke was born Julius Van der Plancke in Zwevezele, Belgium on 7th February, 1881.
About six years before 1912, he travelled to Detroit, Michigan to work as a labourer - each Spring going out into the sugar beet fields. In late 1911, having accumulated enough money, he returned home to Belgium. The Vanderplancke family had resided at Hille 87 in Zwevezele.
Jules was recently married to Emilia Vandemoortele. The newlyweds were heading to the United States where Jules had a job as a foreman for the Continental Sugar Company, of Fremont, Ohio. Accompanying them were Jules' sister, 18-year-old Augusta Maria, also a lace worker, and 15-year-old brother, Leo.
The family boarded the Titanic in Southampton as third class passengers. Jules and Emilia held ticket number 345763, £18. A friend of the family, Victor Vandercruyssen, was also aboard.
They all lost their lives in the sinking. None of their bodies, if recovered, were identified.
- Michael Findlay Revised Passenger List in Judith Geller Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Cleveland Plain Dealer (Ohio), 19 April 1912
- Herman De Wulf and Michael A. Findlay (1998) The Belgians and the Titanic. Voyage. #27
- Herman DeWulf, Belgium
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Georges Picavet, Belgium
- Kassandra Picavet, Belgium
- Homer Thiel, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Emelie Maria Vanderplancke
- Mr Leo Edmondus Vanderplancke