Katherine Belcher (Alcock)
|Birthplace:||Manchester, Lancaster (now Greater Manchester), England|
|Death:||Died in Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States|
|Place of Burial:||Unknown|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Katherine Belcher
About Katherine Belcher
Katherine Alcock was baptized on 12 Jan. 1600 Mancetter and died on 20 July 1680 at Braintree, Massachusetts. She left a will in 3 Sept. 1679 probated 20 July 1680  She was also known as Catherine Allcock.
Parents: John Alcock bur. Jan 1610 Mancetter, Warwick
- on 11 Dec 1627 in Manchester, Warwick, England to Gregory Belcher. He was b. 30 March 1606 in Aston Parish, Juxta Birmingham, Warwick, England and d. 21 June 1659 in Braintree, Masachusetts. He was the son of Thomas Belcher of Wardend. 
- Elizabeth Belcher b. 3 Mar 1620 Mt. Walliston, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Josiah Belcher b. 1631 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, England d. 17 Oct 1682 Boston, Suffolk, Ma 
- Elizabeth Belcher b. 24 Jun 1632 Of Wethersfield, Hartford, Ct d.17 Oct 1682 Wethersfield, Hartford, Ct
- John Belcher b. 1633 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, Ma d.1693 Boston, Suffolk, Mass
- Moses Belcher b. 1635 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, Ma d. 5 Jul 1691 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Samuel Belcher b. 24 Aug 1637 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States d. 17 Jun 1679 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
- Mary Belcher b. 8 Jul 1639 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United State d. 17 Feb 1678 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
- Joseph Belcher b. 25 Dec 1641 Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States 29 Jan 1678 Massachusetts, United States
- Gregory Belcher, Jr. b. 1643 Braintree, Suffolk, MA
Sometimes the genealogical gods smile upon you
- from Slovak Yankee: English Origins Aug 5, 2009
“The Alcocks of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire: John Alcock and His Wife Elizabeth Wrightman, Anne Alcock and Her Husband Nicholas Needham, and Katherine Alcock, and Her Husband Gregory Belcher” by Mary Locke Eysenbach, NHGR 26 (2009):49-56.
I happen to descend from two of these people. I already had tentatively identified Gregory Belcher's wife as Katherine Alcock, however, this confirms it. One should note that their marriage record appears in both hers and his home parish (Aston, Warwickshirhe). I gained the maiden name of the wife of John Alcock as Elizabeth Wrightman and now my maternal grandparents are 10th cousins. They are also 9th cousins, once removed via the Burnham family.
Considering how close these Alcocks are to another group of Alcock emigrants, I'll surmise that they were cousins somehow and all from Warwickshire.
- Descendants of Gregory BELCHER (abt 1550-ENG) DNA Project
- English Origins Aug 5, 2009
- Belcher Family Website
- [S541] James Savage First Settlers of New England, I.
- Kelsay-Davison & Allied Families: George Alcock updated 20 March 2011
- “The Alcocks of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire: John Alcock and His Wife Elizabeth Wrightman, Anne Alcock and Her Husband Nicholas Needham, and Katherine Alcock, and Her Husband Gregory Belcher” by Mary Locke Eysenbach, NHGR 26 (2009):49-56.
Catherine Allcock Belcher
Birth: 1610 Manchester Metropolitan Borough of Manchester Greater Manchester, England Death: Jul. 20, 1680 Braintree Norfolk County Massachusetts, USA
Spouse: Gregory Belcher (1606 - 1674) Children: Josiah Belcher (1631 - 1683)* John Belcher (1633 - 1693)* Samuel Belcher (1637 - 1679)* Joseph Belcher (1641 - 1687)*
- Calculated relationship
Created by: Linda Mac Record added: Feb 28, 2009 Find A Grave Memorial# 34284772
Katherine Belcher's Timeline
January 12, 1600
Manchester, Lancaster (now Greater Manchester), England
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA
July 24, 1632
Braintree, Norfolk, MA
Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
June 24, 1637
Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, Massachusetts
July 8, 1639
Braintree, Norfolk, MA