About Katherine Christian Manning
Locked because Effected by Vandalism, Please do not Resolve 'Data Conflicts': Merged with Ela (de Narburgh) Spelman; Ella (De Narburgh) Spelmen; Ela Narborough; Christian Manning; Cecily Boys; Elizabeth Frowick; etc.
Katherine or Christian Manning dau. of Elizabeth Jenny & Thomas Manning, 2nd wife of Henry Spelman son of Catherine Styward & John Spelman, parents of Thomas (m. Anne _) Spelman, Knight; & possibly Christopher Spelman
- Spelman genealogy; the English ancestry and American descendants of Richard Spelman of Middletown, Connecticut, 1700 .. (1910)
- The heir of John Spelman was his eldest son, Henry, who became ... by his first marriage, to Ela, the widow of Thomas Shouldham, and the daughter and co-heiress of William de Narburgh ...
- Henry Spelman died 23 September, 1496, ...
- Henry Spelman and his first wife, Ela de Narburgh, had issue:
- (1) William Spelman, who was a Knight, inherited Bekerton Manor, which passed to his descendants. He married Anne, the daughter of Christopher Coo, and had issue : (a) Elizabeth, who married Francis Clophin ; (b) Anna, who married, first, William Save, and, second, John Woodhouse, Knight, of Breccles Hall, in a window of which are emblazoned the Spelman Arms (Norfolk Archaeology, Volume VIII) ; (c) Christopher, who married Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of Radclyff, and had Elizabeth, daughter and heiress, who married, first, Jenkins, and, second, Dethick, having issue by the second marriage; (d) Francis, who married the daughter of Mason, and had (i) a daughter, who married Davison, "Legatus Regius" ; (ii) Francis, who married __ Isle.
- (2) Henry Spelman, Lord of Rockland, died without issue.
- (3) John Spelman was a Priest, and of Wimondham.
- (4) Katherine Spelman married, first, Robert Denry, and, second, Richard Sefoule de Waterden.
- (5) Anna Spelman married Henry Mackwilliams.
- (6) Elizabeth Spelman married John Goldingham de Goldingham.
- (7) John Spelman, of whom below.
- Henry Spelman, the Recorder of Norwich, survived his first wife, Ela de Narburgh, and married, second, Katherine. or Christian, the daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Manning of Great Elmingham, County Norfolk, and of the latter's wife, Elizabeth, daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Jenny. (Blomefield's Norfolk, Volume I, Pages 484-488.) By this marriage, Henry Spelman had a son, Thomas Spelman, Knight, Lord of Ellingham and Bechamwel by maternal inheritance, who married Anne, daughter of John, who was either the son or the son-in-law of Lord Robert Conyers. The son of Thomas Spelman and
- his wife was Henry Spelman, Knight, who married Elizabeth Tyrell.
- It is stated in Blomefield's Norfolk, Volume I, on pages 84 and 451, that Henry Spelman, the Recorder of Norwich, had another son, Christopher, by his second marriage.
Katherine Christian Manning's Timeline
Narburgh, Norfolk, England
Swaffham, Norfolk, England
Narburgh Church, Narburgh, Norfolk, England
Narborough, Norfolk, , England