Laura Kadoorie (Mocatta)
|Also Known As:||"Lady Laura Kadoorie"|
|Death:||Died in Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
|Place of Burial:||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
Daughter of Samuel Mocatta and Miriam Mocatta
|Managed by:||Ofir Friedman|
Historical records matching Laura Kadoorie
About Laura Kadoorie
- History of the Jews Who Stayed in Portugal (1497-1997) http://www.avotaynu.net/backissues/issues/1997-4-09-18.pdf (subscription only) states that Sir Eleazar Silas Kadoorie (1865-1944) was married to Laura Lumbrozo de Mattos (Mocatta). Laura's maiden name was Mocatta. Following her male line a few generations back, the surname was previously Lumbrozo de Mattos.
- 1897 - Marriage Index. Name: Laura Mocatta. Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1897. Registration district: Marylebone. Inferred County: London FreeBMD. England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1915 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.
- Gravestone inscription: Lady Laura Kadoorie February 1918. Laura, Lady Kadoorie. Death Date: Feb 1918. Burial Place: Shanghai, China. Cemetery ID: CHIN-01531. Other Comments: Foreigners' Tomb Area. Cemetery: Soong Ching Ling Memorial Park. Source: JewishGen, comp. JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
- Probate record: KADOORIE Laura of 161 Bubbling Well Road Shanghai China (wife of Eleazer Silas Kadoorie) died 15 February 1919 ... Effects: £123 12s 7d Ancestry.com. England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2010.
- juin 1932 IRAK Baghdad Visite de Sir Elly Kadoorie et de ses fils a l'ecole Laura Kadoorie.