About Leavitt Thaxter Pease
180 Gay St., Williamsburg, Ohio was the home and medical office of Dr. L. T. Pease, abolitionist and Underground Railroad conductor. Dr. Pease moved to Williamsburg in 1835, with his wife Nancy Fee, the sister of Robert Fee who served as stationmaster in Moscow. Dr. Pease assisted Charles B. Huber in hiding and transporting of fugitive slaves in route to Canada. He took over as stationmaster of Williamsburg upon Huber’s death in 1854.