About Leila Ranger (Saks)
- Name: Mrs Leila Meyer (née Saks)
- Born: Tuesday 28th September 1886
- Age: 25 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17604 , £82 3s 5d
- Rescued (boat 6)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 27th November 1957
Mrs Edgar Joseph Meyer (Leila Saks) was born on 28 September 1886.
Mrs Meyer was returning to her home city of New York with her husband Edgar Joseph Meyer to attend the funeral of her father, Andrew Saks, the well-known New York merchant. Mr Saks had died on 9 April and the cable reached the young couple in Europe. They made immediate reservations to return home on the Titanic, embarking in Cherbourg.
She was rescued in lifeboat 6. By the time the Carpathia arrived in New York, Mrs Meyer knew that she had lost both a father and a husband.
She was reunited with her family, and two-year-old daughter who did not accompany her parents abroad.
Leila Meyer later remarried to Louis Ranger, and continued to live in New York City for the rest of her life. She did not speak about the Titanic disaster, and died on 27 November 1957.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Edgar Joseph Meyer
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Craig Stringer, UK
- Geoff Whitfield, UK