About Leo Edmondus Vanderplancke
Gestorven op zee (scheepsramp Titanic). Passagier 3de klasse.
Sources: Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York)
- Name: Mr Leo Edmondus Vanderplancke
- Born: Thursday 17th September 1896
- Age: 15 years
- Last Residence: in Zwevezele Belgium
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 345763 , £18
- Destination: Freemont United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Leo Edmondus Vanderplancke, 15, was born in from Zwevezele, Belgium on 17th September, 1896. Leo was engaged in the carpentry trade despite his young age.
Leo Auguste and his sister Augusta were heading to Detroit, Michigan to visit relatives, then they would join their brother Jules and his wife Emilia in Fremont, Ohio.
The family boarded the Titanic in Southampton as third class passengers. Leo and Augusta held ticket number 345764, £18.
They all lost their lives in the sinking. None of their bodies, if recovered, were identified.
- Michael Findlay Revised Passenger List in Judith Geller Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Herman De Wulf and Michael A. Findlay (1998) The Belgians and the Titanic. Voyage. #27
- Herman DeWulf, Belgium
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Georges Picavet, Belgium
- Kassandra Picavet, Belgium
- Homer Thiel, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Julius Vanderplancke
- Mrs Emelie Maria Vanderplancke