|Birthplace:||Staden, West-Vlaanderen, Vlaams Gewest, Belgium|
|Death:||Died in North Atlantic Ocean|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking of the Titanic|
|Managed by:||Wouter De Boeck|
About Léon Jérome Hampe
Name: Mr Léon Jérome Hampe
- Born: Saturday 17th September 1892
- Age: 19 years
- Last Residence: in Westrozebeke Belgium
- Occupation: Painter & Decorator
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 345769 , £9 10s
- Destination: Detroit Michigan United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Leo Jerome Hampe, 19, was born in Westrozebeke, Belgium on 16th September, 1892, the son of Camille and Amelia Rosalia (Witdouck) Hampe. The elder Mr Hampe was an innkeeper but his teenage son wanted to join the others heading off to America to the sugar beet campaign. Hampe was accompanied by Camilius Wittevrongel and Nestor Cyriel Vandewalle also from Westrozebeke.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number 345769, £9 10s).
Leo died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
- He is sometimes listed as "Leon Hampe" or "_ Mampe".
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Herman DeWulf, Belgium
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Jo Vandewall