William's Top Matches
About William Broaddus, Jr.
William BROADDUS / BROADUS, Jr. DAR Ancestor #: A014706
- Birth: 1755, Culpeper Co., VA
- Death: 7 Oct 1830, Jefferson Co., VA
- Military Service: Revolutionary War: Lt. in Col. George Gibson's Rgmt., Virginia Line . Pension S*W8396
- Parents: William BROADDUS, Catherine GAINES
- Married: 1) Martha Slaughter, widow of Gabriel Jones; 6 children 2) Martha Richardson; 4 children
- Virgil D. White. 1990. Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files. National Historical Pub. Co., Waynesboro, TN. On p. 393 (as cited by "Noreen" in Message #97 in the Broaddus Family Genealogy Forum online at GenForum):
- BROADUS, William, Martha R. W8396, BLW #1875-200 also VA 1/2 Pay, VA Line, sol appl 23 Feb 1830 Jefferson Cty VA a res of Harper's Ferry VA, sol m his 2nd wife Martha Richardson on 5 Nov 1805 in Hanover Cty VA, wid appl 9 Feb 1863, sol had 5 children by his 1st wife (not named), towit; William Broadus, Harriet who m John Brood ?[sic] & left no issue, Juliet who m Henry Ward & left children William Henry & Philip Woodville Ward, Kitty who m William Thompson & left children Richard, Martha, Mary & William Thompson & sol's daughter Patsey who m Merriweather Thompson, sol & 2nd wife had 5 children; towit; Maria E., Lavinia D. & Sarah Ann who was 78 yrs old in 1865 & the other 2 children were not named, sol had died on 7 Oct 1830.
- John S. Carpenter. 1981. "Slaughter Family." Pages 300-321 in Genealogies of Virginia Families: from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography. Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore (originally published 1913-15 as a series of articles in the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography; issued 1996 as Broderbund CD-162). Erroneously states that William & Martha's daughter, Harriet, married William Mills THOMPSON; it was Kitty who married him.
- Messages in the Broaddus Family Genealogy Forum (online at GenForum.com).
- WorldConnect (online at RootsWeb.com).