About Lona Columbia Anne Freeman (Mitchell)
Birth: Jul. 18, 1893 Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Death: Nov. 18, 1975 Lumberton Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Lona was the daughter of Jim and Lummie Jacobs Mitchell. She married William Freeman on Jan. 31, 1909 in Robeson county, North Carolina.
The following was taken from the Nov. 18, 1975 edition of THE ROBESONIAN:
Lona C. Freeman, 83, of 1806 Edgewood Street, Lumberton, died Tuesday morning after extended illness. Funeral services will be held Friday at 3 p.m. at New Bethel United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Survivors include two sons, J. C. Freeman of Pembroke and Carlie Freeman of Fairmont; four daughters, Miss Lillian Freeman, Mrs. Winnie J. Sampson, Mrs. Cammie Sampson and Mrs. Maenomia Hunt, all of Lumberton; one brother, Jimmy Mitchell of Fairmont; 31 grandchildren; several great granchildren.
- **NOTE: Her burial information was taken from her NC death certificate and THE ROBESONIAN obituary.
- James Mitchell (1850 - 1940)
- Lummie Jacobs Mitchell (1861 - 1914)
- William Freeman (1879 - 1933)*
- Winnie J. Freeman Sampson (1913 - 1992)*
- Cammie Freeman Sampson (1919 - 2001)*
Burial: New Bethel Methodist Church Cemetery Rowland Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Created by: melanie