About John Sheffield
John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield of Butterwick
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield)
John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield of Butterwick (c. 1538 – 10 December 1568) was the first son of Edmund Sheffield, 1st Baron Sheffield of Butterwick and Anne de Vere. He married Douglas Howard, daughter of William Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Effingham and Margaret Gamage. They had two children.
Elizabeth Shefield (died November, 1600) married Thomas Butler, 10th Earl of Ormonde
Edmund Sheffield, 1st Earl of Mulgrave (7 December 1565 – 6 October 1665) married (1) Ursulla Tyrwhitt (2) Mariana Irwin
Sheffield family Accessed February 18, 2008
- 'Sir John Sheffield, 2nd Lord Sheffield1,2
- 'M, b. circa 1538, d. 10 December 1568
- Father Sir Edmund Sheffield, 1st Lord Sheffield1,3 b. 22 Nov 1521, d. 31 Jul 1549
- Mother Anne Vere1,3 b. c 1520
- ' Sir John Sheffield, 2nd Lord Sheffield was born circa 1538 at of Butterwick, Lincolnshire, England.1 He married Douglas Howard, daughter of Sir William Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Effingham, Lord High Admiral and Margaret Gamage, before 1562; They had 1 son (Sir Edmund, 3rd Lord Sheffield, 1st Earl Mulgrave) and 1 daughter (Elizabeth, wife of Sir Thomas Butler, Earl of Ormond).1,2,4 Sir John Sheffield, 2nd Lord Sheffield died on 10 December 1568.1
- 'Family Douglas Howard b. c 1535
- ◦Sir Edmund Sheffield, 1st Earl of Mulgrave, 3rd Lord Sheffield+4 b. 7 Dec 1565, d. 6 Oct 1646
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 648.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 417.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 18-19.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 19.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3012.htm#i90499
- 'John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield
- 'M, #38587, d. 1569
- Last Edited=17 Jul 2008
- ' John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield married Douglas Howard, daughter of William Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Effingham and Margaret Gamage, circa 1562.1 He died in 1569.
- ' He gained the title of 2nd Baron Sheffield.
- 'Children of John Sheffield, 2nd Baron Sheffield
- 1.Hon. Elizabeth Sheffield+2 d. c 1601
- 2.Edmund Sheffield, 1st Earl of Mulgrave+ b. 7 Dec 1565, d. Oct 1646
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1278. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 452. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p3859.htm#i38587
- 'John SHEFFIELD (2° B. Sheffield of Butterwick)
- 'Born: ABT 1538, Butterwick, Lincoln, England
- 'Died: 10 Dec 1568
- Notes: The Complete Peerage vol.XI,p.662-663
- Father: Edmund SHEFFIELD (1° B. Sheffield of Butterwick)
- Mother: Anne De VERE (B. Sheffield of Butterwick)
- 'Married: Douglas HOWARD (B. Sheffield of Butterwick) ABT 1562
- 1. Elizabeth SHEFFIELD (C. Ormonde)
- 2. Edmund SHEFFIELD (1º E. Mulgrave)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SHEFFIELD.htm#John SHEFFIELD (2° B. Sheffield of Butterwick)
John Sheffield, 2nd Lord of Sheffield's Timeline
Butterwick, Lincolnshire, England
December 7, 1565
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
December 10, 1568
Newton Kyme, Yorkshire, England