About Louis Foucault de Saint-Germain Beaupré
M Louis FOUCAULT DE SAINT-GERMAIN BEAUPRÉ Comte DU DAUGNON,Seigneur DE BOURG-ARCHAMBAULT,Vice-Amiral de France (1640),Maréchal de France (1653)
- Born about 1616
- Died 10 October 1659 (Friday) - PARIS 75 , age at death: possibly 43 years old
- Page du Cardinal de Richelieu
- Gouverneur de Brouage, puis de La Rochelle
- Gabriel II FOUCAULT, Seigneur DE SAINT-GERMAIN BEAUPRÉ 1564/-1632/ , Capitaine de 50 hommes d'armes, Gouverneur de la Marche et du château d'Argenton, Conseiller d'Etat
- Jeanne POUSSARD DU VIGEAN ca 1590
Spouses and children
- Married about 1650 to Marie FOURRÉ DE DAMPIERRE 1630-1696 (see note) with
- Louise M FOUCAULT DE SAINT-GERMAIN BEAUPRÉ ca 1653-1709
- Constance FOUCAULT DE SAINT-GERMAIN BEAUPRÉ 1655
- Relationship to Nicolas Jambe-de-Bois GARGOT DE LA ROCHETTE, Corsaire 1619-1664 (Parents : Hilaire GARGOT ca 1580 & Anne LARDEAU ca 1590) (see note) , separated
Vice-Admiral in 1639 or 1640. After the naval battle of Orbitello, or perished Maille-Breze he served, he brings the fleet to Brouage not for rehabilitation but to seize the government of Brouage. He says Governor Brouage and La Rochelle and was promoted to Marshal of France in 1653 and made a duke by Louis XIV, who offered him 530,000 pounds in exchange for his submission.
is one of the protagonists of the Fronde including the Ormée. After the fortified towers of La Rochelle, he fled to join the Prince de Conde in Bordeaux at the arrival of the troops of King Louis XIV led by Henri de Lorraine, Comte d'Harcourt.
In 1649, he imposed his association in the arming of the privateer Nicolas Gargot La Rochette, without running any risk, and walks away with all the benefits. March 27, 1651, his henchmen set off a mutiny on board and take control of the ship. The pirate captain comes to the Spaniards, who imprisoned him. Upon his return to France, Nicolas discovers that Louis Gargot Eddy St. Germain Beaupré has deprived of its share (242,000 pounds of profits), and he is ruined.
Louis Foucault de Saint-Germain Beaupré, comte du Daugnon's Timeline
Crozant, Creuse, Limousin, France
Paris, Paris, Île-de-France, France