|Death:||Died in Šenčur, Šencur, Slovenia|
|Cause of death:||car accident|
Daughter of Franz Karun and Marianna Karun
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Manca Karun
About Manca Karun
Iz Slovenije, u Ameriku se uputio Franc Karun, star 37 godina, iz sela Milje kod Kranja. Oženjen. S njim je putovala njegova kcer Ana Karun, zvana Manca. Ona je imala tek nešto više od tri godine. Kartu za sebe Karun je platio 255, a za dijete 138 švicarskih franaka. Putovao je preko agencije lm Obcrsteg & Cie. On je veæ godinama živio u Galesburgu, država Illinois, gdje je držao javnu kuhinju u kojoj su se prehranjivali pretežno naši ljudi. U Sloveniju se vratio nakratko, kako bi odveo svoju kæer privremeno u Ameriku. Prema dostupnim informacijama, otac i kæer Karun su 8. travnja krenuli na put. Ukrcali su se u francuskoj luci Cherbourg. S njima je u New York putovao i njihov roðak Johann Markun (33 godine) iz sela Bela. Bio je oženjen. Kartu je, kao i Karun, platio 255 švicarskih franaka. I on je putovao agencijom lm Obersteg & Cie.
- Name: Miss Manca Karun
- Born: 1907
- Age: 4 years
- Last Residence: in Milje Slovenia
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 349256 , £13 8s 4d
- Destination: Galesburg United States
- Rescued (boat 15)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 17th September 1971
- Buried: Sencur Slovenia
Miss Manca Karun, 4, from Austria-Hungary (modern Slovenia), was born in 1907. She boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with her father Mr Franz Karun they were travelling to Galesburg, Illinois.
Franz and Manca were rescued in (probably) lifeboat 15.
About a year after the disaster the family returned to Austria-Hungary (Slovenia), Manca's four siblings later returned to the United States but Manca remained in Slovenia where she married Anton Juvan. They had four children: Toucka Juvan; Marjan Juvan (b. 1940, d. 1991); Anica Juvan, married Tone Kosnjek; and Lojzka Juvan (b. 1946) married Tone Zorman.
Manca made occasional visits to relatives in America, as reported in the local press of the time. She died in Slovenia in September 1971 some of her descendants still live in Milje, Slovenia.
- Manca (pronounced MAHN-sa). Elsewhere listed as Monca, Mona, Amie, Anna and Anna-Mary.
- Juvan (pronounced YOU-vahn).
- Galesburg Republican Register 22, 23 April 1912
- Galesburg Evening Mail, 23 April 1912
- The Detroit News December 1960
- Cleveland Plain Dealer January 1961
- Glas (Kranj, Slovenia), 18 September 1971, Death Notice
- Chris Dohany, USA
- Peter Engberg-Klarström, Sweden
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- John Grasser, USA
- Lisa Grasser, USA
- Sheryl Hinman, USA
- Marilyn Karun-Vogrig (granddaughter of Franz Karun, daughter of his youngest son Frank).
- Arne Mjaland, Norway
- Jelena Potic, Serbia
- Cindy Ryder Smith, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Franz Karun