Margaret Cocke (Crewes)
|Also Known As:||"Margaret Cruse alias Wood; Margaret Crewes Wood Jones Cocke"|
|Birthplace:||Bermuda Hundred, Chesterfield, Virginia|
|Death:||Died in Malvern Hills, Henrico, Virginia|
Daughter of James Crewes; NN Powell; Margaret Wood and NN Powell
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Margaret Cocke
About Margaret Cocke
"A Genealogical Bombshell" by Charles Hughes Hamlin, Volume 55 (1967) pp. 95-97 shows: Margaret who married Peter Jones was the step-daughter of Abraham Wood. General Abraham Wood married the widow of James Cruse, who already had a daughter Margaret Cruse. The daughter Margaret Cruse married Peter Jones and later married second Thomas Cocke of Malvern Hill, Henrico County, who methioned her son Abraham Jones deceased and her son Peter Jones in his will.
MARGARET (known as) WOOD, daughter of James Crewes and Margaret Llewellyn. She was born 1641 in Burmuda Hundred, Virginia, and died 04 May 1718 in Malvern Hills, Henrico Co.Virginia.
- on 01 June 1655 in Richmond Virginia to PETER JONES (1634-1674). He was the son of Richard Jones. 11 children.
- to Thomas Cocke of Henrico as his 2nd wife. No children.
Children of PETER JONES and MARGARET WOOD are:
- ANN5 JONES, b. 1655; d. 1655.
- THOMAS JONES, b. 1656, Prince George, Virginia.
- WILLIAM JONES, b. 1656.
- JOHN JONES, b. 1658, Prince George, Virginia.
- RICHARD JONES, b. 1660, Charles City Co. Virginia.
- ABRAHAM WOOD JONES, b. 1662; d. 1689.
- MARY MARGARET WYNNE JONES, b. 1664, Charles City Co. Virginia.
- MARTHA JONES, b. 1666, Charles City Co. Virginia.
- PETER 2 JONES, b. 1666, Charles City, Prince George, Virginia; d. 01 Jan 1726/27, Prince George, Virginia.
- MARY JONES, b. 1668, Charles City Co. Virginia.
- MARGARET JONES, b. 1678, Charles City Co. Virginia.
Excerpt of the Will of Margaret Wood Jones Cocke
Margaret Cocke of County and & Parrish of Henrico , Widow
Vol 2, pp 433-436, Dated, 12 August 1718 ; Prob. 4 May 1719 Donated by Claudia Angel
Granddaughter, Margaret wife of Edward Goodrich , one mulatto boy, John son of mulatto woman Sue . Granddaughter, Mary wife of John Worsham , mulatto girl Margaret , now in her possession. Grandson, Peter Wynn , negro man John Henry , "he being appointed to be given unto my said Grandson by the last will & testament of my deceased husband Mr. Thomas Cocke ;" also to said Grandson 10 shillings to buy him a ring. Confirmes gift of mulatto boy Thom , which she made to Maj. Joshua Wynn in his life time, on condition that there be paid (if not already done) 2000 lbs. of tobacco to Thomas Harwood , by the admr. of sd. Wynn , "it being on that proviso I gave the said boy to the said Joshua Wynn ." Daughter (or granddaughter ?) Margaret Jones , 2 silver spoons. To Mrs. Mary Randolph , & her heirs forever, one Multo. boy, Billy . Grandson Peter Jones , "son of my Son Abraham Jones , decd." 10 shill. to buy a ring. Grandson, Joshua Wynn , 2 steers. Grandsons, Robert Wynn , Wm. Wynn and Francis Wynn , a cow to be delivered them when they are of lawful age. God-son, William , the son of William Randolph , one Mulatto boy, James , the son of mulatto woman, Sue . My wearing clothes to be divided by my executors among my granddaughters. Son, Peter Jones , all of estate real & personal. Executors, "my said son" and Wm. Randolph . Witnesses-Thomas Buckner , Thos. Morris .
-------------------- He married MARGARET WOOD 01 Jun 1655 in Richmond, Virginia, daughter of ABRAHAM WOOD and MARGARET CRUSE. She was born 1641 in Burmuda Hundred, Virginia, and died 04 May 1718 in Malvern Hills, Henrico Co.Virginia.
- MyHeritage Family Trees
- Debbie and Len Main Tree in Genealogy of Debbie Gambrell Lapeyrouse, managed by Deborah Carol "Debbie" Gambrell (Contact)
- Birth: Circa 1641 - USA, Virginia, Charles City County
- Death: May 4 1719 - USA, Virginia, Henrico County, Malvern Hill
- Parents: James Cruse, Margaret Cruse (born Llewellyn)
- Husband: Peter Jones
- Husband: Thomas Cocke
Margaret Cruse (born Cocke)
- MyHeritage Family Trees
- Louk Web Site, managed by Jerl Louk (Contact)
- Birth: 1641 - Bermuda Hundred, Chesterfield, Virginia
- Death: May 4 1718 - Malvern Hills, Henrico, Virginia
- Parents: Col. James Crewes, Margaret Crewes / Wood Llewellyn (born Crewes Llewellyn)
- Siblings: Abraham Wood Jr., Margaret Margaret Crews Margaret Wood Margaret Jones Cocke Cruse, Hannah Carter Crewes, John Crewes
- Birth 1616 in Malvern Hill, Henrico, Virginia, United States
- Death 2 Aug 1682 in Malvern Hills, Henrico, Virginia, United States
- Parrents James Cruse 1595 – 1653 & Margaret Llewelyn 1595 – 1668
- Major General Abraham Wood
- Birth 04 JAN 1614 in Charles City, Henrico, Virginia, United States
- Death 01 AUG 1681 in Richmond, Henrico, Virginia, USA
- Marriage to Margaret Llewellyn 1663 — Age: 49o VA
- Parents : Francis Wood 1582-1618 & Marie Chadwick 1588 – 1612
Margaret Cocke's Timeline
Bermuda Hundred, Chesterfield, Virginia
June 1, 1655
Charles City, Prince George, Virginia, United States
Prince George, Virginia
Charles City Co., VA.
Charles City, Charles, Virginia
Prince George County, Virginia
May 4, 1718
Malvern Hills, Henrico, Virginia
Amelia Co, VA