Margaret Wood (Carter)
|Also Known As:||"Atwood/"|
|Birthplace:||Southwark, London or , Mitcham, Surrey, England|
|Death:||Died in Maspeth, Long Island, New York|
Daughter of RIchard Carter and Margaret Carter
|Managed by:||John H. Nye|
Matching family tree profiles for Margaret Wood
About Margaret Wood
- Birth: 1592 - Southwark,London,Middlesex,England
- Death: 1643 - Long Island, New York
- Husband: John Wood
- Children: John Wood, Thomas Wood, William Wood, William Wood
John Wood had considerable dealings with land on or near New York (New Amsterdam). Clark  p. 4-7 details the reasons that she believes John’s wife Margaret and son Frederick died in the NY Maspeth Massacre of 1643 .
John Wood (the Mariner's) 1st marriage was probably on 28 Jan 1610/11 at St Savior’s in Southwark Eng. to Margaret CARTER  p. 2 & 11 .
Children of John Wood the Mariner and Margaret:
- - Frederick (If he existed, he was not alive in 1655) Clark  p. 6 says he may have died in the 1643 Maspeth Massacre. 
- - George born about 1614-18, died 1664  p. 106 "due to witchcraft" m. at Saybrook CT in 1660 1st married Unknown 2nd married Ann,; who 2nd married Henry ROGERS  p. 16, after George died.
- - John (our line) Jr. born 1620 died 26 Aug 1704 "age 84"  1st married Unknown in England 2nd married Anna 3rd married Mary PEABODY born 1639 or 1641 died 24 Jan 1719 "age 78"  in Middletown RI, daughter of John PEABODY of Newport RI 
- - Thomas Col. (King Phillip’s War British Service 1675-1676), born 1638, died 1703/4 Freeman of Portsmouth 1658 1st married Unk 2nd married Unk 3rd married Rebecca  p. 33-38
- - William born about 1634  p. 41 died 1695/6 1st married Martha EARLE (also our line) daughter of Ralph EARLE and Joan SAVAGE (William’s will was will dated 1689  p. 44). 2nd married Elizabeth, Widow of SMITH
- - Margaret born Unknown died 1693 married about 1649  p. 13 to Thomas MANCHESTER
- - Manchester WOOD born unknown married 1655 to Samuel JENNINGS, freeman  p. 230-231
- - Susannah WOOD  p. 778 born about 1622 married about 1647 to Samuel JENNEY  p. 13. Samuel died 23 Mar 1670
- Clark (CLARK, Bertha W. (1966) "John Wood of Rhode Island and His Early Descendants on the Mainland") p. 6 says 1st wife Margaret may have died in the Long Island NY 1643 Maspeth Massacre.