Marion's Top Matches
About Marion Lindsay (Guthrie)
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on
Marion Guthrie 
- F, #20492
- Last Edited=9 Apr 2008
Marion Guthrie married, firstly, David Borthwick before 1581.
She married, secondly, John Lindsay of Balcarres, Lord Menmuir, son of David Lindsay, 9th Earl of Crawford and Katherine Campbell, on 29 November 1581.
She was the daughter of Alexander Guthrie and Janet Henryson.
- From before 1581, her married name became Borthwick.
- Her married name became Lindsay.
Children of Marion Guthrie and John Lindsay of Balcarres, Lord Menmuir
- 1. Catherine Lindsay+
- 2. John Lindsay  d. Jan 1600/1
- 3. Sir David Lindsay, 1st Lord Lindsay of Balcarres+ b. 17 Mar 1587, d. Mar 1641/42
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 376. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume I, page 375.