|Birthplace:||Crosdalegrains, Tatham, Lancashire, England|
|Death:||Died in Bentham, Bucks, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Cause of death:||yellow fever|
|Place of Burial:||Langhorne, Bucks, Pennsylvania, United States|
Son of Matthew Wildman and Elizabeth Wildman of Tatham
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Martin Wildman
About Martin Wildman
Original immigrant head of family
Father: Matthew Wildman b. about 1620 in Tatham Parish, Lancashire, England d. 1670 in Lancashire, England Mother: Elizabeth b. about 1620 in Tatham Parish, Lancashire, England d. 5 Nov 1676 in Lancashire, England.
Martin and Ann were married at the Home of George Bland
, Nether Bentham, Yorkshire, England. They emigrated with their six children on 2 Feb 1690 and settled in Middletown Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Generally, so many Quaker immigrants came from the Midlands"' of England.
Residence: 27 May 1691 (3rd mo. 27th day) Middletown Township, Bucks, Pennsylvania Residence: 1692 near Neshaminy Creek, Middletown Township, Bucks, Pennsylvania.
Burial: 26 Jul 1699 in Middletown Meeting Cemetery in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Burial: Middletown Friends Cemetery in Langhorne, Bucks, Pennsylvania [source: Find A Grave.com]. 50123618
" Among the earliest settlers who came with children were: Nicholas and Jane Walne, three, Thomas and Agnes Croasdale, six, Robert and Elizabeth Hall, two, James and Ann Dilworth, one, William and Mary Paxson, one, James and Jane Paxson, two; James and Mary Radcliff, four, Jonathan and Anne Scaife, two, Robert and Alice Heaton, five, Martin and Anne Wildman, with six children. John Eastburn came from the parish of Bingley, county of York, with a certificate from Bradley meeting, dated July 31st, 1684. Johannes Searl was in Middletown prior to 1725, from whose house a road leading to Bristol was laid out that year. Before 1700 Thoms Musgrove owned 500 acres in the township, patented to Hannah Price, and afterward came into the possession of Thomas Jenks."
"The Middletown meeting, next to Falls, is the oldest in the county. Meetings for worship were first held at the houses of Nicholas Walne, John Otter and Robert Hall, 1682. The first monthly meeting was held at Walne's December 1, 1684, and the next at Hall's, where Friends were to bring the dates of their births and marriages. They met sometimes at widow Hayhurst's, who lived across the Neshaminy in Northampton. Nicholas Walne and Thomas Atkinson were the first delegates from Middletown to the yearly meeting, September 2, 1684. It was called Neshaminy Meeting until 1706. The first meeting-house was built by Thomas Stackhouse in 1690, at a cost of £26. 19s. 5d., and £10 additional for a stable. One light of glass was put in each lower window in 1698, muslin or oiled paper being probably used in the others. Martin Wildman was appointed to clean the house and make fires at an annual salary of twenty shillings for the first year, and six shillings additional for the next."