About Mary Stephens (Cholmeley)
Mary, daughter of Sir Hugh Cholmley, of Whitby, 4th Baronet & Gov. of Tangier, and Lady Anne Compton. Married 1) Nathaniel Cholmley, Esq., of London. 2) Nathaniel Stephens
Ancestress of the Cholmley's of Whitby and Howsham, Yorkshire.1
- [S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume II, page 129. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- [S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- Wentworth Genealogy page 26
- Some Historic Mansions of Yorkshire and Their Associations, Volume 2. By William Wheater. Page 205
- A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies ...By John Burke, Sir Bernard Burke. Page 114.