Mary's Top Matches
view all 14
About Mary Locke
- A history and genealogy of Captain John Locke (1627-1696) of Portsmouth and Rye, N.H., and his descendants; also of Nathaniel Locke of Portsmouth, and a short account of the history of the Lockes in England (1916?])
- F1 Captain John Locke was probably baptized in London, England, Sept. 16, 1627, married about 1652, Elizabeth, the daughter of William and Jane Berry, and was killed by the Indians Aug. 26, 1696, in Rye, N. H. Elizabeth the widow was living in 1708 when the estate was settled and the children given below shared in its distribution. Several old papers prepared by descendants born about 1735, give the entire family, and in the following order. As first names only were given it is impossible to determine whether the girls were married, or to whom married at that time (1708) but we know nearly all were.
- Children of 2nd Gen.
- F2 John, b. 1654 (?), m. Elizabeth Bolles (Bowles).
- 3 Elizabeth, b. __, probably d. before estate was settled in 1708.
- F4 Nathaniel b, 1661 (?), m. 1688-9, Dorothy Blake.
- 5 Alice or Elsie, b. __, m. Nehemiah Berry, March 14, 1714-5.
- F6 Edward, b. __, m. Hannah Jenness, in 1692.
- F7 Tryphena, b. __, m. John Webster, in 1693.
- 8 Rebecca, b. __, living in 1708.
- 9 Mary, b. __, m. William Hepworth of Boston, Jan. 31, 1697.
- F10 William, b, Apl. 17, 1677, m. Hannah Knowles, in 1699.
- F11 James, b. __, m. Hannah Philbrick, in 1713.
- F12 Joseph, b. __, m. Salome White.
- HEPWORTH, William
- Gender: Male
- Marriage: 31 JAN 1696/7 Boston, Suffolk, Mass.
- Spouse: LOCKE, Mary
- b. 1675 Rye, Rockingham, NH.
- d. AFT 1708
- Gender: Female
- Father: LOCKE, John
- Mother: BERRY, Elizabeth
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_bb.htm#293