Mary Jenney (Smythe)
|Birthplace:||London, Middlesex, England|
|Death:||Died in Cressingham, Norfolk, England|
Daughter of Thomas "Customer" Smythe, MP and Alice Smythe
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Jenney
About Mary Jenney
Stirnet's "Smith01" page (membership required to view without interruption), which is based on [A] Genealogical History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, 1883 edition (Smythe of Strangford and Penshurst, in Addendum), [B] Visitation to Kent, 1619 edition (Smith), and [C] The Complete Peerage or A History of the House of Lords and all its Members from the Earliest Times (Strangford), does not mention this Mary (unless she is supposed to be Maria, who married Robert Davis of London). Furthermore, some sources identify this Mary's father as William Smith.
- Mary Smythe1
- F, #223153, b. circa 1560
- Last Edited=5 Mar 2007
- Mary Smythe was born circa 1560 at London, England.1 She married Henry Jenne circa 1583 at Gressingham, Magna, Norfolk, England.1
- Children of Mary Smythe and Henry Jenne
- 1.John Jenney1 b. May 1585, d. 25 May 1644
- 2.Thomas Jenney1 b. c 1587
- 3.Henry Jenney1 b. c 1589
- 4.Christopher Jenney1 b. c 1591
- 5.John Jenney+1 b. 21 Dec 1596, d. 28 Dec 1643
- 6.Thomas Jenney1 b. 7 Nov 1598
- 7.Henry Jenney1 b. 7 Mar 1601/2
- 8.Christopher Jenney1 b. 19 Sep 1603
- 1.[S145] George Naylor, The Register's of Thorrington (n.n.: n.n., 1888). Hereinafter cited as Registers of Thorrington.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p22316.htm#i223153
- Mary Smythe
- F, #70067, b. circa 1565
- Father William Smythe b. c 1535
- Mary Smythe was born circa 1565 at of London, Middlesex, England. She married Henry Jenney, son of John Jenney and Elizabeth Spring, circa 1583 at of Gressingham Magna, Norfolk, England.
- Family Henry Jenney b. 3 Jul 1560, d. 9 Feb 1620
- John Jenney+ b. 21 Dec 1596, d. 28 Dec 1643
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2332.htm#i70067
- The Visitation of Norfolk in the Year 1563 (1878) Vol. 1
- John Jenney, of Cressingham Magna, in Norff., Esq., ob. 14 May, 1575, bur. at Edmonton, co. Midd'x. (Harl. MS., No. 1552.) Will dated 5 March, 1571, proved 1 Feb. 1575-6. He desired to be buried at Cressingham, but it appears he was not. --W.G. = Elizabeth, da. of Robert Spring, of Langham, (Lavenham) living ao. 1551, ob. 17 Feb. 1588-9, bur. at Cressingham on the 22nd. She mar. to her 2nd husb. Edward Fludd, Esq.; ch: William (m. Anne Thursby), Henry (m. Mary Smith), Thomas, Edmund, Christopher, Robert, Ambrose, dorothie (m. George Bellesby), Elizabeth (m. Edward Waters), Anne (m. Edmund Sandall), Margaret (m. John Puttock alias Feelix) Jenney.
- 5. Henry Jenney, of Cressingham, 2 son and heir male to his brother William. Bap. 3rd of July, 1560. Ob. ante 9 Feb., 1620 = Mary, da. of Simon Smith, of Beccles, gent., also of Wynston, living 17 Feb., 1628. ch: (Pg.135 John (m. Temperance _), Thomas, Henry, Robert, Christopher, Dorothy, Anne Jenney.
- .... etc.
- (A) John Jenny of Cressingham Magna
- m. Elizabeth Spring (d 1588, dau of Robert Spring of Lenham, brother of John of Coxfield)
- (i) .... etc.
- (ii) Henry Jenny (5th son)
- m. Mary Smyth of London
- (a) John Jenny of Cressingham Magna
- (b)+ other issue - Thomas, Henry, Christhopher
- (iii) .... etc.
- Main source(s): Visitation Suffolk, 1561, Jenny of Knodishall), Visitation of Norfolk, 1563+1589+1613 & 1664, Jenney), Mundy's Middlesex Pedigrees (1914, Jenney of Tottenham)
- From: Stirnet.com
Mary Jenney's Timeline
October 18, 1562
London, Middlesex, England
Gressingham Magna, Norwich, Norfolk, England
December 21, 1596
Lakenham Parish (near Norwich), Norfolk, England
November 7, 1598
Gressingham, Magna, Norfolk, Eng.
September 19, 1603
Gressingham, Magna, Norfolk, England
April 24, 1646
Cressingham, Norfolk, England
Gressingham, Magna, Norfolk, England