About Matti Rintamäki
- Name: Mr Matti Rintamäki
- Born: Sunday 4th February 1877
- Age: 35 years
- Last Residence: in Kyyny Finland
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101273 , £7 2s 6d
- Destination: Sudbury Ontario Canada
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Matti Rintamäki, 35, was a farmer living in Kauhajoki, Western Finland with his wife: Anna Sofia. Between 1898 and 1911 they had seven children.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton. He was travelling to Sudbury, Ontario, Canada with Matti Mäenpää, Iisakki Nirva and with Nikolai Erland Kallio.
Matti Rintamäki and his companions were all lost, his body was never found. Later, his widow brought a civil suit in the High Court against the The Oceanic Steam Navigation Company (White Star line) for manslaughter and grave neglect. The case was heard on 24 January 1913 and was settled with a paymnt of £375 in compensation. Matti was his family's only support, and earned, according to his widow, 1500 Fmk ($287/£59 3s) a year.