Maud (Matilda) Swinnerton
|Nicknames:||"Maud De Sivynnerton", "Maud De Synnerton", "Maud Swinerton", "Maud Swinnerton", "Maude Swinnerton", "Matilda Swynnerton"|
|Birthplace:||Barrow, Cheshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Clifton, Cheshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom|
Daughter of Sir Robert de Swynnerton, 4th Baron Swynnerton and Elizabeth Swynnerton
|Managed by:||Jocelynn Elaine Oakes|
About Maud (Matilda) Swinnerton
- THE PARENTS SIR RICHARD & JOAN CHETWYND MAYBE WRONG FOR HUMPHREY PERSHALE, IN ANOTHER SOURCE THEY ARE LISTED AS THOMAS PESHALL & ALICE KNIGHTLEY.
- Maud Swynnerton1,2,3
- F, #10817, b. circa 1370, d. between 8 June 1414 and 1424
- Father Sir Robert de Swynnerton, 4th Lord Swinnerton2,4 b. c 1341, d. b 7 Apr 1387
- Mother Elizabeth de Beke2,4 d. c 1373
- Maud Swynnerton was born circa 1370 at of Swinnerton, Alstonefield, Quarnford, & Rushton Spencer, Staffordshire, England; Underage in 1381.2,3 She married Sir Humphrey Peshale, son of Sir Richard de Peshall, Sheriff of Shropshire and Joan Chetwynd, before 1381; They had 1 son (Richard, Esq.).2,3 Maud Swynnerton married Sir William Ipstones, son of Sir John de Ipstones and Elizabeth Corbet, after 8 December 1388; Abducted and forced to marry.2,3 Maud Swynnerton and Sir William Ipstones obtained a marriage license on 7 December 1390; Date of dispensation for being related in the 3rd degree of kindred. They had 2 daughters (Christine; & Alice, wife of Randal Brereton, Esq.).2,3 Maud Swynnerton married Sir John Savage, Bailiff of the Forest of Macclesfield, Constable of Halton Castle, Chamberlain of Middlewich, son of John Savage and Margaret Daniell, before 1401; They had 5 sons (Sir John; William; Arnold; George; & Rogers) and 3 daughters (Margaret, wife of John Dutton, Esq; Maud, wife of Sir Thomas Booth; & Mary, wife of Sir William Stanley).5,3 Maud Swynnerton died between 8 June 1414 and 1424.5,3
- Family 1 Sir Humphrey Peshale d. b 1388
- Richard Pershall+
- Richard Peshall, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire+6,7,3,8 b. b 1388, d. bt 1454 - 1458
- Family 2 Sir William Ipstones b. c 1373, d. Oct 1399
- Alice Ipstones+9,2,10,3,11 b. c 1396
- Family 3 Sir John Savage, Bailiff of the Forest of Macclesfield, Constable of Halton Castle, Chamberlain of Middlewich b. c 1378, d. 1 Aug 1450
- William Savage
- George Savage
- Roger Savage
- Maud Savage5
- Isabella Savage
- Mary Savage+12,5,13,3,14 b. c 1400
- Sir John Savage, Bailiff of the Forest of Macclesfield, Chamberlain of Middlewich+5,3 b. bt 1401 - 1410, d. 29 Jun 1463
- Margaret Savage+5 b. c 1403, d. a 1450
- Arnold Savage b. 1406
- 1.[S2723] Unknown author, The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, by George Ormerod, 1819, p. 526; Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, 4th Ed., by F. L. Weis, p. 111; The Ancestry of Dorothea Poyntz, by Ronny O. Bodine, p. 41.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 637-638.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 490.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 489.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 638.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 152.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 309.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 522.
- 9.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 151.
- 10.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 307.
- 11.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 520.
- 12.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 290.
- 13.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 118.
- 14.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 500.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p360.htm#i10817
- Maud Swynnerton1
- F, #211556
- Last Edited=6 Feb 2007
- Maud Swynnerton was born at Barrow, Cheshire, England.1 She was the daughter of Robert Swynnerton and Elizabeth Beke.1
- Child of Maud Swynnerton and John Savage
- 1.Ellen Savage+1
- 1.[S1916] Tim Boyle, "re: Boyle Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 16 September 2006. Hereinafter cited as "re: Boyle Family."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p21156.htm#i211556
- John SAVAGE (Sir)
- Born: ABT 1370
- Died: 1 Aug 1450
- Father: John SAVAGE
- Mother: Margaret DANYERS
- Married: Maud De SWYNNERTON (dau. of Sir Robert Swinnerton) ABT 1400
- 1. John SAVAGE (Sir)
- 2. Margaret SAVAGE
- 3. Mary SAVAGE
- 4. William SAVAGE
- 5. Arnold SAVAGE
- 6. George SAVAGE
- 7. Roger SAVAGE
- 8. Maud SAVAGE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SAVAGE.htm#John SAVAGE (Sir)3
Name: Maud (Matilda) [@ <>] de Swynnerton
Birth: 1384 in Swynnerton, Staffordshire, England
Death: 1415 in Barrow, Chester, England
Father: Robert [@ >] de Swynnerton b: 1345 in Swynnerton, Staffordshire, England
Mother: Elizabeth [@ >] de Beck b: 1360 in Tene and Hopton, Staffordshire, England
Marriage 1 William de Ipstones b: 1390
Alice [@] de Ipstones b: 1415
Marriage 2 John [II @ >] de Savage b: 1375 in Clifton, Cheshire, England
Alice [@ <] de Savage b: 1398 in Clifton, Cheshire, England
Sir John [III @] de Savage b: 1403 in Clifton, Cheshire, England
Mary [@ >] Savage b: ABT 1407 in Clifton, Runcorn, Chester, England
Margaret [@] Savage b: ABT 1409 in Clifton, Cheshire, England
Maud de Swymerton
Parents: Sir John de Swymerton m Elizabeth Beck
Reported elsewhere as Robert (son of Thomas) and Elizabeth Beke
Spouse 1: William De Ipstones
Spouse 2: Humphrey Peshall
Spouse 3: Sir John Savage m 1409
Child: Margaret Savage m John Dutton
Child: Sir Knight John Savage m Elena Brereton
Child: Ellen Savage
Shurtleff Genealogy pub 1917, Vol 1 pg 149, 150
Maud was born say 1370.
parents : Robert de Swinnerton,Knt ans Elizabeth de Berke,
1. Humphrey pershale/Peshall Knt. son of richard de Pershale and joan. They had one son Humphrey Pershall.
Humphrey Pershall , her husband, died before 1388
2, William Ipstone,Knt. abducted her in Dec 1388 and forced her to marry him. Dec 1388. ( dispensation dated 7 Dec. 1390 ) as they were related in the 3rd degree. They had two daughters Christine and Alice. He died Oct 1399.
3. before 1401 ( as his 1st wife) married John Savage Knt., son of John Savage/Sauvage and margaret,. They had five sons : John,William,Arnold,George and Roger.Three daughters margaret, Maud( wife of Thomas booth) and Mary.
Maud Swynnerton (or Matilda) married Sir John Savage, as her 3rd husband, in the 10th year of King Henry IV, 1409. John Savage d. 1450 [ Burke's Dor. and Ext., p. 524. Harleian, Vol. 18, pp. 201 and 203. Redlich's Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor's Descendants, pp. 124, 129, 130. History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, compiled from Original Evidences in Public Office. The Harleian and Cottoman Mss., Parochial Registers, etc. And a Personal Survey of Every Township in the County. A republication of King's Male Royal, and Leicester's Cheshire Antiquities, by George Ormerod, Lld. F. S. E.-F. R. S., published 1819, Vol. 1, pp. 526 and 527, for Savage. References: Swynnerton, Wm. Salt Arch. Soc. Pub., Vol. 7, part 2, pp. 1-24. Burke's Dor. and Ext., p. 524. Harleian Soc. Pub., Vol. 18, pp. 201 and 203.]
Maud de Swynnerton, b. c 1370 m. (1) Humphrey de Peshale; m. (2) William de Ipstones; m. (3) probably c. 1400, Sir John Savage of Clifton, Knt., d. 1 Aug 1450, fought at Agincourt 1415, Knt 1416. [Magna Charta Sureties]
Maude, daughter and heir of Sir Robert Swinnerton. In addtion to their son John they had William; Arnold, who married Elen daughter of William, son and heir of Richard de la Lee, juxta Bacford, knight, circa 1458; George and Roger. Also two daughters: Margaret, married John Dutton, second son of Sir Piers Dutton of Dutton, 6 Hen V, afterwards heir to Sir Piers his father; and Maude married Sir Thomas Booth of Barton in Lancashire.
underage in 1381
Maud (Matilda) Swinnerton's Timeline
Barrow, Cheshire, England
Clifton, Cheshire, England
Runcorn, Halton, UK
Clifton, Cheshire, England
Ipstones, Staffordshire, England
Clifton, Cheshire, , England
Clidton, Cheshire, England
Clifton, Cheshire, , England
Clifton, Cheshire, England