Mollie's Top Matches
About Mollie Oxendine (Locklear)
Birth: Feb. 14, 1871 Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Death: Mar. 8, 1941 Pembroke Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Mollie was the daughter of Joseph Prevatt and Effy Ann Paul Locklear. She married Jordan L. Oxendine on Aug. 29, 1888 in Lumberton, NC.
The following was taken from the Mar. 9, 1942 edition of THE ROBESONIAN:
Mrs. Mollie Oxendine, 68, respected widowed Indian merchant of Pembroke, died yesterday monring at 2:30 o'clock at her home here after an illness of less than a week.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. (in Pembroke) tomorrow at the Methodist church with burial to follow in the Oxendine cemetery near here.
She only recently built a new brick store and was to have moved into it last Tuesday. On this day, however, she suffered a stroke of paralysis-the disease that led to her death yesterday morning.
She was the widow of J. L. Oxendine, who died several years ago. She is survived by a son, Lacy of Wilmington, Del., and by a daughter, Mrs. Jessie Bell Dickerson of Goldsboro and Dorothy of Pembroke.
- **NOTE: Her death year should be 1942 according to her NC death certificate and her THE ROBESONIAN obituary.
- *NOTE: Her mother's maiden name is also seen as Dial on Federal Censuses and on the NC Marriage Collection.
- Effy Ann Paul Locklear (1830 - 1875)
- Jordan L. Oxendine (1860 - 1926)*
- Infant Oxendine (1895 - 1895)*
- Lacy Rankin Oxendine (1897 - 1965)*
God's finger touched her and she slept
Burial: Sampson family Cemetery Pembroke Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Created by: melanie Record added: Aug 02, 2011 Find A Grave Memorial# 74288276