About Moshe Zeev Wolf Yavitz, A.B.D. Tykocin and Bialystock
R' Moses Zev Wolf Yawetz, Av Beit Din (A.B.D) Tykocin and Bialystok (died in 1829), author of Mar'ot HaTzov'ot (Grodno, 1810) and Agudat Azov (Bialystok, 1824). He was eulogized by R' Gershon ChenTov in the latter's Mincha Chadasha, published in Warsaw, 1874.
First appearance of Jawetz as a family name
- See: Rav Jacob ben Tzvi Jawetz from Emden (1697 - 1776) buried in Emden, occupation Chief rabbi of Emden 1728 -1733.
- Chacham Tzvi Hirsch Ashkenazi born in Vilna (1660 - 1718) Died in Lemberg
- Chacham Tzvi Geni Profile
Note: Jacob Israel Emden was known in the Rabbinical world as "Yawetz" (from the initials of his name "Jacob ben Zvi"), and officially in historical records he is called Jacob Herschel. p. 875
The Unbroken Chain.
- The Unbroken Chain Project(See Chapter 5 B. 4 - 4. Yawetz and Rabinowitz Rabbinical Families of Lomza and Edinburgh)
- Unbroken Chain with charts show Moses Zev Yawetz d. 1829 as a Luria, Katzenellenbogen, Spira descendant through Maharal of Prague. page 448 and page 465 . Plus pages 462 - 463 The Yawetz and Rabinowitz Family.
- Listings for Yawetz on pages. 182, 462-463, 767, 875
- Page 767: R. Moses Zev Wolf Yawetz, died 1829, author of Mar'ot HaTzov'ot, married Batsheva, great-granddaughter of R. Joseph Katz (Chapter Vll - Branch B for their descendants - Yawetz and Rabinowitz Family.
Page 462-463 summary:
- R' Moses Zev Wolf Yawetz Av Beit Din (ABD) of Tykocin and Bialystock.
- R' Samuel Isaac Yawetz of Vilan 1814-1883
- R' Ephraim Fischel Yawetz of Tykocin
- R' Joseph Meir Yawetz of Warsaw, author of a short commentary on "Ayn Yaakov" published Vlina, 1879
- 1. Nathan
- 2. R' Menachem Mendel Rabinowitz ABD Kovno died 1849 (when marrying into a great scholars family the son-in-law often took their name.
R' Israel Isser Yawetz, born 1861, ABD Hrubieszow 1895