view all 17
About NN. Buchanan
- From: Stirnet
- Patrick Buchanan of that ilk, 13th of Buchanan (d before 07.1477)
- m. Jonet Cunynghame
- Patrick's wife if identified by BLG1962 as the daughter and heiress of Galbraith of Killearn, Balmois, etc.
- 1. Walter Buchanan of that ilk, 14th of Buchanan (d 1526)
- m. (before 26.11.1463) Isabelle Graham (dau of William Graham, 2nd Lord)
- A. Patrick Buchanan, younger of Buchanan (dvp before 09.03.1502-3)
- m. _ Campbell (dau of Earl of Argyll) suggested by BLG1952
- B. John Buchanan, 1st of Arnpryor (d Pinkie 10.09.1547)
- m. Dorothea Levingstoun
- C. Maurice Buchanan
- D. Walter Buchanan of Easter Catter, 1st of Spittal
- BLG1952 reports that Walter was son rather than brother of Patrick
- m. Isabella Cunyngham (dau of Alexander Cunningham, 1st Earl of Glencairn)
- The following were reported by 'Strathendrick' but not by BLG1952.
- E. Margaret Buchanan
- m. Alexander Graham, 2nd Earl of Menteith (d before 27.02.1536-7)
- F. Elizabeth Buchanan
- m. (1492) William Stirling, 11th of Cadder, 2nd of Lettyr (d 1517)
- The following were reported by BLG1952 but not by 'Strathendrick'
- G. daughter
- m. Lamond of Lamond
- ' H. daughter
- ' m. (22.06.1486) John Campbell of Ardkinglas (b c1460)
- Main sources:
- (1) "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896
- (2) BLG1952 (Murray-Buchanan of Leny).
Chiefs of Clan Buchanan
- 12th – Sir Walter Buchanan, (Guthrie Smith identifies him as 6th Chief and Buchanan of Auchmar identifies him as 13th Chief) first married an unidentified women and by her three sons (Patrick his successor, Walter and Thomas first ancestor of cadets of Gartincaber, Drumikill and Carbeth) and one daughter. He married secondly to Isobel Stewart.