|Birthplace:||Kreutzburg, Courland (Krustpils), Russia (Latvia)|
|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||June Barnes|
About Nathan Goldsmith
In 1910 Nathan Goldsmith, a shoemaker, aged 40 was aboard the Haverford which arrived at Liverpool on 26 May 1910 from Philadelphia. His destination was Cape Town and gave his nationality as Russian.
Source of town name: http://kehilalinks.jewishgen.org/jekabpils/krustspils.html
- Name: Mr Nathan Goldsmith
- Age: 41 years
- Occupation: Shoemaker
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101263 , £7 17s
- Destination: Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Nathan Goldsmith, 41, from Russia, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number SOTON/O.Q. 3101263, £7, 17s).
He was travelling to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
He lost his life in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
Nathan Goldsmith was a boot maker in Cape Town (possibly also Johannesburg) before the Anglo-Boer War. He was originally from Russia. After the war, he moved to Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, USA. He was married and had two children. Nathan was 41 years old and a 3rd Class passenger when he died on the Titanic. At the time of his death, his family was living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Nathan Goldsmith's Timeline
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty