|Birthplace:||Berkley, Bristol County, Province of Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Sunbury County, New Brunswick, British North America (Present Canada)|
|Place of Burial:||Burton Parish, Sunbury County, New Brunswick, Canada|
Son of Maj. Thomas Nathaniel Gilbert and Elizabeth Gilbert (Tisdale)
|Managed by:||Ben M. Angel|
Matching family tree profiles for Nathaniel Gilbert
About Nathaniel Gilbert
From the Find A Grave page on Nathaniel Gilbert:
Death: Jul. 2, 1828 - Sunbury County, New Brunswick, Canada
Husband of Elizabeth Keillor
GILBERT. Nathaniel (WILL)
Parish of Burton. Sunbury Co.
Will dated 5 June 1828, proved 25 July 1828.
- Wife Elizabeth one third of estate or her right of dower.
- Son Thomas upper pan of Majour's [sic] Island.
- Son Bradford my dwelling and land on Majour's Island.
- Sons William. Samuel and John Keillor each land on Majour's Island.
- Youngest son Humphrey Tisdale all real estate in Digby Township. Annapolis Co.. Nova Scotia. and 500 pounds at age 21.
- Three daughters Mary. Margaret and Ann 400 pounds each. one third on their marriage day and the remainder when the youngest child is 21. The interest to be paid to each of them after they reach age 18.
- Land on the Schodiac River. Westmorland County. equally divided among heirs.
- Wife Elizabeth GILBERT. Samuel SCOVIL and Thomas GILBERT Esq. of Gagetown executors.
- Witnesses: J. [W.] BARKER, Richard MARGISON, Thomas GILBERT.
- Thomas Gilbert (1738 - 1810)
- Elizabeth Tisdale Gilbert (1741 - 1781)
- Elizabeth Keillor Gilbert (1788 - 1852)
Burial: Burton Schoolhouse Cemetery, Sunbury County, New Brunswick, Canada
Created by: Richard Weston
- Record added: Mar 12, 2009
- Find A Grave Memorial# 34730180
From First Families within the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick:
NOTE: First Families is a collection of genealogical information taken from various sources that were periodically submitted to the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick. The information has not been verified against any official records. Since the information in First Families is contributed, it is the responsibility of those who use the information to verify its accuracy.
GILBERT: Nathaniel Gilbert
- born 1774 at Bristol in Berkshire County, MA,
- d. 2 Jul 1828,
- s/o Thomas Gilbert and Elizabeth Tisdale, Loyalists who had settled in Gagetown, Queens County:
- married 1811 Elizabeth Keillor born 28 Jul 1788 at Dorchester, NB, d. 1852, d/o John Keillor and Elizabeth Weldon:
- first settled on Maugers Island in Sunbury County then moved to Dorchester Parish, Westmorland County:
- had ten children.
- MC80/1288 Rosa D. Tisdale’s Meet the Tisdales, page 122:
- see also MC2852 Purdy-Carter genealogical collection, MS2:
- on microfilm F20987: see sheet for Nathaniel Gilbert.
Nathaniel Gilbert's Timeline
Berkley, Bristol County, Province of Massachusetts
July 2, 1828
Sunbury County, New Brunswick, British North America (Present Canada)
Burton Parish, Sunbury County, New Brunswick, Canada