About Nella Goldenberg
- Name: Mrs Nella Goldenberg (née Wiggins)
- Age: 40 years
- Married to Samuel L. Goldenberg.
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17453 , £89 2s 1d
- Cabin No.: C92
- Rescued (boat 5)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mrs Samuel L. Goldenberg (Nella Wiggins)1 and her family settled in New York City when she was 16 years old. As a teenager she married and had a daughter and a son prior to her husband's death 2. When she was in her early thirties she married Samuel L. Goldenberg but had no further children. Mr and Mrs Goldenberg boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with her husband. They were travelling to New York City and occupied cabin C-92.
The couple were rescued in lifeboat 5.
Nella lived out her life near her daughter in the United States in a small hotel suite and is remembered fondly as "Mimi" by her only great-granddaughter. She died on 9 October 1947.
- 1. It was long thought that Mr Goldenberg's wife on the Titanic was Edwiga "Ella" Grabówska however it appears that this information was incorrect.
- 2. Nella's son worked with the American Red Cross in France during World War I while her daughter married and lived in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The son remained in France for most of his adult life and died at the age of 99.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Samuel L. Goldenberg
- Robert L. Bracken, USA
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA