Nellie Snyder (Stevenson)
|Cause of death:||Heart failure - disease|
|Place of Burial:||Minneapolis, Hennepin, MN, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Nellie Snyder
- Name: Mrs Nelle Snyder (née Stevenson)
- Born: Tuesday 15th January 1889
- Age: 23 years
- Last Residence: in Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 21228 , £82 5s 4d
- Cabin No.: B45
- Rescued (boat 7)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 9th December 1983
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: Lakewood Cemetery Minneapolis Minnesota United States
Daily Graphic, 20 April 1912 (Jason O’Neill / Cameron Bell, Northern Ireland)
Mrs John Pillsbury Snyder (Nelle Stevenson), 23, was born on 15 January 1889 in Wisconsin, the daughter of Thomas W. Stevenson and Cora Vincent.
Nelle had been recently married to John Pillsbury Snyder and they lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The couple were returning from their honeymoon on the Titanic which they boarded at Southampton as first class passengers, they occupied cabin B-45.
Mr and Mrs Snyder were rescued in lifeboat7.
The Snyder's had three children, a daughter married Rowley Miller, a son John Jr. lives in Wayzata, Minnesota and a son Thomas S. Snyder died prior to 1983.
Nelle Snyder died in Wayzata on 9 December 1983, at the age of 94.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Mr John Pillsbury Snyder References and Sources Minnesota Department of Health Certificate of Death
Related Articles and Documents
1976 LETTER FROM MRS. SNYDER ABOUT HER EXPERIENCE ON TITANIC Daily Mail (2011) TITANIC PICTURES FROM 1912: POIGNANT PHOTOS FROM THE AFTERMATH