Matching family tree profiles for Obediah Wilbur
About Obediah Wilbur
Obadiah Wilbur was one of the early settlers of Dutchess County, New York. They lived in Chatham as early as May 1774 when Obadiah signed a petition for a landgrant. They were Quakers.
- Isaac, born Sept 27, 1761
- Nicholas, born April 4, 1763, died 1811
- Nancy, born Nov 19, 1765, married James Finch
- Shadrach of Nine Partners, NY, 1766-1847, married in 1788 Anna or Abigail Finch
- Obadiah, born July 6, 1767 in Charlotte District, Dutchess County, NY died same year
- Susannah, born April 23, 1770, married Nathan Brown
Family bible of Obadiah Wilbur, born 8/6/1939, died 9/8/1819 and his wife Freelove, born 2/2/1742, died 9/28/1827.
- Obadiah, 2nd, born 7/6/1777 died the same year
- Nicholas, born 4/4/1763, died 1811
- Nancy, born 11/19/1765, died 1815
- Susanna, born 4/23/1770
Obadiah Jr. is mentioned in his Fathers will probated 27 Sept.1819 Chatham NY.
Will mentions "wife Chloe," son Nicholas, daughter Nancy Finch's child, son Schadrack, son Obediah, daughter Susannh Brown, son Robert. Witnesses were Amos Peasley, Amos Finch. Executors were Schadrack Wilber, Timothy Crandall.